Company: Southern California Edison
Posted on: August 31, 2020
Job DescriptionJoin the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Financial Analyst at Southern California Edison (SCE) and
build a better tomorrow. In this job, youll be part of the
Operational Finance group within the Finance organization at SCE
supporting Transmission and Distribution. You will be responsible
for extracting financial data from various databases (SAP, Access,
SQL) and prepare the information to support reporting needs.
Develop recommendations and operational efficiencies, system
improvements, and work to build reports to support business
decisions. In addition, you will develop models to forecast
business conditions and to support Corporate and departmental
decision-making. You will also review and assess impacts of
changing regulations. Develop and analyze data and collaborates
with a cross-functional team supporting regulatory filings and
If youre someone who loves to build networks, thrives in challenge,
can deep-dive, get to the core of the issue and problem solve, then
this is the perfect opportunity for you! Become a true financial
business partner and learn what makes our organization amazing!
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
- Gathers, documents, analyzes, and draws conclusions or presents
recommendations on data and information; plans or assists in
planning analyses, presentations, and implementation strategies for
some complex analysis or for a portion of a complex analysis.
- Utilizes existing models and methodologies and applies
financial modeling and formulas to data.
- Participate in activities that influence decision-making and
may make final decisions consistent with organizational
authorization levels having a minor to moderate impact on the
department or company.
- Develops and makes presentations to department and division
management, section supervision, and other partners and/or
participate in presentations by other analysts, supervisors, and
- Effectively works independently & within a team
- Finds opportunities to improve reports, analytical tools, and
self-service capabilities in collaboration with other departments
to drive efficiency and support operational decision-making.
- Performs detailed analyses and produces clear, effective
reports utilizing Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Access.
- Establishes recommendations and conclusions based on analysis
of data with some direction.
- Maintain a safety conscious work environment by following
Edison safety protocols and safe work practices; and performing
other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Contributes and supports the translation of 5-year operating
plans to operating budgets which will be used for multiple
financial planning purposes including the General Rate Case (GRC)
and Risk Assessment Mitigation Phase (RAMP).
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or similar
- Three or more years of experience with financial and/or
quantitative analysis, and accounting methodologies.
- Experience utilizing, developing, validating, and presenting
financial statistics and models.
- Experience using MS office applications for financial analysis,
including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with forecasting and performing cost/benefit and
- Experience building reports and ability to track, analyze and
maintain the accuracy and integrity of large amounts of data using
Excel, Access, SQL, and/or databases.
- Experience communicating financial information to various
audiences including senior management.
- Experience performing project management.
- Experience delivering excellent customer service to internal
and external customers.
- Experience generating reports utilizing SAP.
- Experience with Power BI and/or BEX.
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- The primary work location for this position is: Rosemead,
- This position may require an assessment
- Relocation is not available.
About Southern California EdisonThe people at SCE don't just keep
the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. Were fueling the kind
of innovation thats changing an entire industry, and quite possibly
the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while
providing our customers with the safety and reliability they
demand. At SCE, youll have a chance to grow personally and
professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and
around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
Keywords: Southern California Edison, Rosemead , Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!