IT Control & Governance Advisor
Company: Southern California Edison
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Job DescriptionJoin the Clean Energy Revolution
Become an IT Control & Governance Advisor at Southern California
Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, youll
contribute to compliance roadmaps, have direct involvement with the
automation of control design, support efficient control programs
that address cross or multi-functional compliance strategies and
remediate risk. Review regulatory standards including but not
limited to; (Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), Public Company Accounting
Oversight Board (PCAOB), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Ensure all IT General controls, SOX requirements, and regulatory
supporting controls are executed in support of interim and annual
testing, regulatory filings, and financial statement reporting. As
an Advisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon
emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to
take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
- Collaborate with key stakeholders such as Operational
Compliance, Regulatory Affairs and Compliance, Compliance Program
Managers, Security & Compliance Operations, and Power System
Controls to strengthen the IT compliance environment.
- Contribute to the development of governance models, programs,
and procedures (including evaluation and risk assessment of the
control environment) and manage the implementation of controls to
ensure compliance for SCE policies/standards and regulatory
- Develop tactical plans for IT maintaining, assessing, updating,
and refining the CoBIT control framework in support of multiple
regulatory requirements to ensure compliance for new IT projects,
on-going operations, and critical management service
- Respond and resolve Segregation of Duties conflicts within the
GRC ARA application; apply mitigating controls, research T-codes
and resolve functional conflicts.
- Develop short- and long-term tactical responses to audit
observations to either remediate or mitigate the risk exposure
presented by either the control failure/deficiency or an identified
gap in controls.
- Provide tactical execution oversight for control implementation
and to monitor control migration to the production
- Support the alignment of control requirements with the Digital
Utility initiatives, control automation and advise team members and
OU stakeholders on courses of action, guidance, and collaboration
for technical and governance requirements.
- Bachelors degree.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information
System Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Security Manager
(CISM) or SANS certifications.
- Seven (7) or more years in IT Operations, IT Auditing, IT
Compliance, and IT Controls.
- Two (2) or more years of experience with SAP Access Management
and segregation of duties.
- Experience in performing Risk Management and IT Security
- Experience constructing control frameworks, work estimates,
performing detailed work activities, reporting status, and
providing recommendations for risk and control improvements to
- Knowledge of general auditing, governance, risk, and compliance
procedures, as well as the ability to recommend improvements to
system of internal controls and to further efficiencies in
compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Knowledge of the CoBIT Control Framework.
- Experience as a lead in risk assessments, internal controls,
compliance reviews and process improvements and provided
- Seven (7) or more years performing technical risk assessments
experience evaluating new technologies and changes to the IT
environment, industry research, corporate and 3rd party risk
assessments, and internal audit recommendations.
- Seven (7) or more years performing technical audit / review
plans; defining the objective, scope, schedule, and
- Seven (7) or more years of performing assessments for Sarbanes
Oxley compliance and/or testing the operating effectiveness of IT
general computing controls and documents the results in the
- Seven (7) or more years performing assessments of computing
controls design effectiveness to prevent, detect, and mitigate risk
to our electric grid, cyber assets, financial statements, public
image, and company data
- Experience developing continuous technical controls monitoring
and computer-assisted audit techniques, utilizing IT security tools
to assess risk and focusing supporting personnel on high value
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP),
Project Management Professional (PMP), or Certified Public
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so
much bigger. Were fueling the kind of innovation thats changing an
entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create
a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with
the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, youll have a chance
to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in
Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Southern California Edison, Rosemead , IT Control & Governance Advisor, Accounting, Auditing , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!