Senior Audit Advisor
Company: Southern California Edison
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Job DescriptionJoin the Clean Energy Revolution
Become aSenior Audit Advisorat Southern California Edison (SCE) and
build a better tomorrow. This Senior Audit Advisor position will be
in the Financial and Corporate Audits division within Southern
California Edison's Audits Services Department. In this job, you'll
lead or supervise team audits in the following areas: Energy
Procurement, Contract Management, Supply Chain Management and
Generation. You will also be assigned to work on audits in the
areas of Finance, Regulatory Compliance, Project Management, and
Human Resources (etc.).
In this position, you will lead interactions with senior Leaders
and key stakeholders company-wide to facilitate briefings; manage
and resolve high impact audit issues/observations; lead discussions
with management regarding the system of internal controls,
reliability of operating information, and compliance with
regulatory requirements, including laws, and the corporate
standards of conduct. You should be familiar with utility,
regulatory requirements, affiliate relationships, and applicable
As aSeniorAudit Advisor, your work will help power our planet,
reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are
you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
- Independently conduct, lead or supervise team members on highly
complex, sensitive and/or specialized audit engagements that have a
major significance to the Company.
- Plan and execute audit engagements with assigned staff within
budget and cycle time requirements that will involve making
decisions with regard to day-to-day audit engagement
- Develop engagement level risk assessment of the system of
internal controls, reliability of operating information, and
compliance with regulatory requirements including applicable laws,
and the corporate standards of conduct.
- Evaluate processes and controls for improvement and
efficiencies. Ensure continuous improvement in audit engagements
and other special projects.
- Provide guidance, mentoring, training, and written feedback to
- Independently serve as a technical advisor/consultant on highly
complex and/or specialized consulting assignments or special
- Develop audit reports with recommendations that influence
executive and/or senior management decisions or reduce major
- Lead or supervise consulting engagements as requested by
management and offer recommendations to improve the effectiveness
and efficiency of operations.
- Lead interactions with executives, and senior levels of
management, including the VP/General Auditor to present audit
findings and complex issues.
- Work optimally with flexibility in situations, including those
involving uncertainty, lack of information, and changing
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting, Economics, Business
Management, Information Systems, or related field.
- Ten or more years of auditing or QA/QC experience (combined
internal and/or external audit).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor
- Four or more years of experience leading a team of audit
professionals and assisting them in all aspects of an audit
engagement or special project.
- Experience with internal controls, auditing standards, and
accounting (SEC, PCAOB, SOX, GAAS, and GAAP),
- Experience developing engagement level risk assessments
including assessing fraud risk.
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Economics, Business Management,
Information Systems, or related field.
- Prior Big 4 audit experience within the following industries:
commercial business/manufacturing, utilities, or independent power
- Experience in both Financial and Operational audits.
- Experience in leading and/or conducting fraud audits, forensic
audits and/or investigations.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) certification.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a variety of
audiences, including those with a non-financial background, at
various levels throughout the company.
- Experience using software including TeamMate, Supplier Portal,
Endur, Ariba and SAP experience, including Governance, Risk, and
- Experience with applying regulatory and legislative compliance
for utilities (FERC, NERC, CPUC, etc) and General Rate Case
proceedings in California.
- Experience with company operations, finance, accounting,
information systems, and regulatory processes.
- Experience with auditing contracts, including but not limited
to supply chain contracts and labor union agreements.
- Experience auditing or performing energy procurement and/or
risk control functions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including report
- Experience defining problems, manipulating data, establishing
facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Experience with negotiating and influencing others.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite applications
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- The primary work location for this position is Rosemead,
California. However, the successful candidate may be required to
travel 15% - 25% as part of the job.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so
much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing
an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and
create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers
with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a
chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact
in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
Keywords: Southern California Edison, Rosemead , Senior Audit Advisor, Accounting, Auditing , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!