Accountant, Capital Asset Accounting
Company: Southern California Edison
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become an Accountant, Capital Asset Accounting at Southern
California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job,
youll be in the Controllers department within Southern California
Edisons (SCEs) Finance Organizational Unit. Youll be working in the
Joint Ownership and Property Accounting department and will be
responsible for monthly journal entries, analyzing and monitoring
population of projects ready for true up, performing account
reconciliations including identifying, investigating, and resolving
invalid items within work orders and general ledgers, and data
analysis. Youll also recommend and implement process improvements
to drive efficiencies in the organization and present conclusions
to senior management, as well as refining business processes across
As an Accountant, Capital Asset Accounting, your work will help
power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air
for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us
build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
- Interpret and apply GAAP and regulatory decisions in preparing
transactions, documenting accounting policies, as well as providing
accounting guidance to various operating units and assessing impact
to the financial statements.
- Prepare and review month-end accounting of accruals, for
financial and regulatory purposes.
- Prepare and execute monthly close processes and the plant
- Complete assigned work order analysis to facilitate the proper
disposition of work orders
- Perform financial statement variance explanations related to
- Perform monthly variance analysis including identifying key
drivers, working closely with internal/external partners,
highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected
- Complete data and transaction processing analysis involving
work order and billings for proper disposition, including
validating integrity of charges and resolving issues.
- Perform quarterly and annual compliance reporting and support
data request for various regulatory agencies.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Accounting or related
- Experience with interpreting and applying Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Three (3) or more years of experience in Accounting or related
- Experience performing account reconciliations and variance
- Proficient with SAP or similar enterprise software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management
- Experience in a public accounting firm or utility
- Knowledge of regulated companies.
- Ability to interface effectively and collaborate with peers,
clients, management, and other organizations.
- Ability to work in a team setting and across
functions/departments in analyzing information developing
information and solutions.
- Strong ethics, influence and negotiation skills, leadership,
interpersonal skills, communication skills, and the ability to
effectively handle stress and engage in continuous
- Ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resources page to get meaningful
information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing
information, and hiring process, and more!
- The primary work location for this position is (Rosemead, CA);
however, the successful candidate may also be asked to work for an
extended amount of time at (alternate work location).
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so
much bigger. Were fueling the kind of innovation thats changing an
entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create
a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with
the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, youll have a chance
to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in
Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Southern California Edison, Rosemead , Accountant, Capital Asset Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!