Company: Southern California Edison
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Job DescriptionJoin the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Senior Auditor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and
build a better tomorrow. This position will be in the Financial and
Corporate Audits division within Southern California Edison's
Audits Services Department. In this job, you will work on audits in
areas such as: Finance, Customer Service, Human Resources, Energy
Procurement, Contract Management, Supply Chain Management,
Generation, or Regulatory Compliance. This position requires that
you have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Institute of
Internal Auditor's (IIA) International Professional Practices
Framework, data analytics, statistical sampling, business risk
assessment principles, control assessment techniques, audit report
writing and documentation.
As a Senior Auditor, your work will help power our planet, reduce
carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready
to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
In this position, you will frequently interact with senior Leaders
and key stakeholders company-wide to facilitate briefings; manage
and resolve high impact audit issues/observations; provide input to
management regarding the system of internal controls, reliability
of operating information, and compliance with regulatory
requirements, including laws, and the corporate standards of
conduct. You should be familiar with utility regulatory
requirements, affiliate relationships, and applicable governmental
- Independently conduct, lead or participate as a team member on
highly complex, sensitive and/or specialized audit engagements that
have a major significance to the Company.
- Plan and execute audit engagements within budget and cycle time
requirements that will involve making decisions with regard to
day-to-day audit engagement activities.
- Develop engagement level risk assessment of the system of
internal controls, reliability of operating information, and
compliance with regulatory requirements including applicable laws,
and the corporate standards of conduct.
- Evaluate processes and controls for improvement and
efficiencies. Ensure continuous improvement in audit engagements
and other special projects.
- Independently serve as a technical advisor/consultant on highly
complex and/or specialized consulting assignments or special
- Develop audit reports with recommendations that influence
executive and/or senior management decisions or reduce major
- Lead consulting engagements as requested by management and
offer recommendations to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of
operations. Senior management occasionally requests the Audit
Services Department to act in an advisory capacity to evaluate
operations and provide recommendations to improve an organization's
governance, risk management, and control processes.
- Interact with all senior levels of management, including the
VP/General Auditor to present audit findings and complex
- Work effectively with flexibility in a variety of situations,
including those involving uncertainty, lack of information, and
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting, Economics, Business
Management, Information Systems, or related field.
- Five or more years of internal and/or external auditing
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor
(CIA) certification. If the individual is not currently certified,
he or she shall obtain the CPA or CIA certification within 36
months of being hired.
- Experience in leading complex audits and developing engagement
level risk assessments.
- CISA certification.
- A graduate degree in the subjects of business administration,
accounting, information systems, or related field.
- Proficiency with TeamMate+ internal audit management software
or similar internal audit software.
- Deep knowledge of internal controls, auditing standards, and
accounting (SEC, PCAOB, GAAS, and GAAP, SOX).
- Ability to lead a team of audit professionals and assist them
in all aspects of an audit engagement or special project, including
but not limited to understanding processes and controls, assessing
risks including fraud risk, developing work programs, conducting
fieldwork, documenting results and observations, meeting with
clients, and drafting reports.
- Ability to lead multiple projects concurrently, while keeping
- Experience performing risk analysis and assessments and using
strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Strong written, verbal communication, and interpersonal
- Strong experience with data analytics including:
- Analysis of complex sets of data using Microsoft Excel
functions (including Pivot tables and other formulas).
- Analysis of data using analytics software (PowerBI, ACL,
- Ability to synthesize data into findings and effectively
- Ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage complex issues.
- Familiarity with SCE software including supplier portal,
endure, Ariba and SAP experience, including Governance, Risk, and
- Experience performing control rationalization and improving
efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls process design
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resources page to get important information
related to benefits/perks, testing, candidate tips, hiring process,
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so
much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing
an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and
create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers
with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a
chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact
in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
Keywords: Southern California Edison, Rosemead , Senior Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!