Financial and Strategic Advisor
Company: Southern California Edison
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Job DescriptionJoin the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Financial and Strategic Advisor at Southern California
Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will
work closely with Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Operating
Unit by handling financial analysis, decision support and
approvals, developing short and long-term financial forecasts, and
supporting regulatory filings. As an Advisor, your work will help
power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air
for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us
build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
- Support Transmission and Distribution (T&D) O&M and
Capital financial planning activities and provide strategic
guidance on critical finance related issues.
- Applies expertise in corporate finance, financial analysis, and
critical thinking to identify and clearly communicate the
resolution of unusually complex issues. Issues typically require
- Be responsible for the preparation, analysis of month-end
O&M and Capital and present performance results at the T&D
Leadership Team meetings on monthly basis.
- Prepare and present year-end outlook, annual budget, long-term
O&M and Capital forecast, and all related variance
- Partner with operating planners to assess and identify cost
pressures and/or saving opportunities for the year-end
- Test assumptions used by T&D in developing operating plans,
including assumptions used in prioritization of work and
assumptions in the "risk-informed" planning.
- Leads, contributes and supports the translation of 5-year
operating plans to operating budgets used for multiple financial
planning purposes including the General Rate Case.
- Partner with T&D SMEs to estimate the costs and benefits of
- Support regulatory filings by providing financial & strategic
guidance, including testimony, work papers, and regulatory data
- Advisor to T&D on complex accounting and finance
- Develop and present effective presentations to all levels of
corporate partners with attention to communications objectives and
- Participate and contribute to cross-functional teams to address
- Maintain a safety conscious work environment by following
Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance, Economics, Accounting,
or related field.
- Seven or more years of experience in the field of financial
planning & analysis or similar.
- Three or more years of experience managing projects including
project development, implementation, reporting, schedules, and risk
- Experience building reports and ability to track, analyze and
maintain the accuracy and integrity of large amounts of data using
Excel, Access, and databases.
- Five or more years of experience using Microsoft Word, Excel,
- Master's Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related
- Project Management and/or Six Sigma certification.
- Experience in using Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) tools
such as SAP or similar enterprise software.
- Experience with "utility" financial planning & analysis and
- Experience developing and implementing client engagement
initiatives and strategic business plans across business
- Experience developing financial models and utilizing modeling
- Experience leading cross-functional teams or acting as team
- Experience analyzing information and/or data, developing
recommendations and solutions, and efficiently communicating
recommendations to management.
- Experience facilitating meetings and addressing a broad range
of audiences and levels across the organization including;
Supervisors, Managers, Directors and Vice Presidents.
- Ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the
business and services to improve customer satisfaction and
efficiency, manage risks appropriately, develop and execute
business plans, handle information, and provide excellent service
to internal and external customers.
- Effective resource and project planning, decision-making,
results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current
with relevant technology and innovation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- This position may require an assessment.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so
much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing
an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and
create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers
with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a
chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact
in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
Keywords: Southern California Edison, Rosemead , Financial and Strategic Advisor, Accounting, Auditing , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!