Financial and Strategic Senior Advisor
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: February 17, 2021
We recognize this is a difficult time for many. At Edison, we
are doing our part to provide support in these challenging times to
safeguard our employees, communities, customers and candidates. Due
to evolving changes related to the COVID-19 situation, we're
exploring alternative ways to safely continue the recruitment and
hiring process. As a result, you may be asked to leverage digital
tools such as video interviewing and/or other formats. Should you
advance through the recruitment and hiring process, instructions
will be provided by our Human Resources team. We appreciate your
patience and continued interest in careers with Edison. Financial
and Strategic Senior Advisor
- Job ID: 71032913
- Job Family: Finance / Accounting
- Location: Rosemead, CA USJob Description
Join the clean energy revolution Become a Financial and Strategic
Senior Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a
better tomorrow. In this job, you will manage financial analyses,
decision support, financial forecasts, and regulatory filings for
the leadership of several organizational units (OU), including
Legal, Regulatory, and Ethics & Compliance.-- As a Senior Advisor,
your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and
create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the
challenge to help us build the future? A day in the life - Get
ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Lead O&M and Capital financial planning activities and
provide strategic financial guidance on critical issues.
- Prepare and analyze month-end results and present performance
summary at monthly organization Leadership Team meetings.
- Prepare and present year-end outlook, annual budget, long-term
forecasts, and all related variance explanations.
- Partner with OU staff to pro-actively assess and identify cost
pressures and/or saving opportunities for the year-end
- Partner with OU subject matter experts to estimate the costs
and benefits of various projects/programs. Test and challenge
organizational unit assumptions.
- Translate OU 5-year operating plans to operating budgets used
for multiple financial planning purposes including the General Rate
Case regulatory filing.
- Lead A&G team consolidation and ad hoc reporting needs.
Develop and/or lead cross-organizational presentations, analysis
methodologies and reports.--
- Support regulatory filings by providing financial & strategic
guidance, including testimony, work papers, and regulatory data
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance, Economics, Accounting,
or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in the field of financial
planning & analysis or similar.
- Six (6) or more years of experience managing projects including
project development, implementation, reporting, schedules, and risk
- Experience building reports and ability to track, analyze and
maintain the accuracy and integrity of large amounts of data using
Excel and/or databases. The preferred
- Master's Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or similar
- CFA, CPA, Project Management Certificate, Lean Six Sigma
certification or equivalent field work.
- Experience using SAP, Oracle or similar Enterprise Resource
Management (ERP) systems.
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills; experience using data
visualization, analysis, and reporting tools such as PowerBI or
- Experience with "utility" financial planning & analysis and
- Experience developing and implementing client engagement
initiatives and strategic business plans across business
- Experience developing financial models.
- Experience leading complex, cross-functional projects.
- Experience facilitating meetings and presenting to a broad
range of audiences and levels across the organization including
Supervisors, Managers, Directors and Vice Presidents.
- Effective resource and project planning, decision-making,
results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current
with relevant technology and innovation.
- Ability to successfully navigate ambiguous or uncertain
situations, work well under pressure, adjust to changing
priorities, organize a heavy workload, work well in a team
environment, and perform with minimal direct supervision. You
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- This position may require an assessment. About Southern
California Edison The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on.
Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation
that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet.
Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing
our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE,
you'll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making
a real impact in Southern California and around the world. At SCE,
we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity
Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment.-- #LI-LH1 Edison/Southern California Edison (SCE) is
committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a
proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any
other protected status. EEO is the Law /Pay Transparency .
Edison/SCE participates in: E-Verify Program (English and Spanish )
- Right to Work program (English and Spanish ). Applicants have
rights under Employment Laws . If you require special assistance or
accommodation while seeking employment with Southern California
Edison, please contact Human Resources at (833) 343-0727 or (800)
352-8580 (Telecommunications device for the hearing impaired -
TTY). Please be aware of scammers posing as recruiters or
employers, using reputable company names with the intention to
collect confidential and/or financial information. If you receive
an unsolicited or suspicious job offer or application that claims
to be from Edison International or Southern California Edison,
please report it to our security team at (626) 815-5611. Edison
Energy and its subsidiaries are not the same company as Southern
California Edison, the utility, and they are not regulated by the
California Public Utilities Commission.
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Rosemead , Financial and Strategic Senior Advisor, Accounting, Auditing , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!