RN, Auditor Patient Financial Services
Company: MemorialCare Health System
Location: Fountain Valley
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose Statement / Position Summary
CDM Specialist will assist CDM Manager in maintaining and analyzing
the Charge Master (CDM) for charge component compliance and revenue
cycle integrity; monitoring compliance with Federal and State
guidelines, performing periodic audits and provide education of
Charge Description Master.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
* Assist with the maintenance of CDM due to regulatory requirements
as well as requests for services including but not limited to
Charge Description, Revenue Code, CPT, modifiers and cost center
for Adds, Changes and Inactivates to A/R system.
* Works collaboratively with IS to support applications and their
subsystems for order entry and subsequent charges for specific
discipline; i.e. laboratory, imaging, cardiology.
* Serves as a resource for staff throughout the health system
involved in the revenue generation and charge master related issues
and provides education on use of the Charge Master on the charging
* Develop and implements strategic goals of standardization and
consolidation of charge/revenue systems and structures.
* Be at work and be on time
* Follow company policies, procedures and directives
* Interact in a positive and constructive manner
* Prioritize and multitas
Essential Job Outcomes
* Constructs charges in a timely manner to facilitate timely
revenue cycle process.
* Resolves complex charging issues.
* Assures Charge Navigators are optimal and user friendly with CPT
details for accurate charging.
* Collaborates with Ancillary systems and assigns appropriate CDM's
for ordered procedures/tests.
* Educates Ancillary/Clinical departments regarding charge
selection for service provided.
* Assists with Supply Chain Management in determining appropriate
charge for chargeable item.
* "Other duties as assigned"
* Three to five years' experience in hospital Charge Master
Maintenance preferably in a multi-hospital system.
* Knowledge of HIPPA compliance requirements.
* Working knowledge of CPT, HCPSCS Level II, Local Level III, ICD9
and ICD10 coding and associated clinical expertise.
* Familiar with Epic Resolute functionality preferred.
* Ability to multi task.
* Strong verbal and written skills.
* Demonstrate a high level of critical thinking skills.
* Rational and logical decision making abilities.
* Current RN License
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
* Competent with MS Office with strong emphasis/skilled on
Keywords: MemorialCare Health System, Rosemead , RN, Auditor Patient Financial Services, Accounting, Auditing , Fountain Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!