Regulatory Affairs, Senior Advisor [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Regulatory Affairs, Senior Advisor [HYBRID]
- Job ID: 71037929
- Job Family: Regulatory Policy
- Location: Rosemead, CA US
- Other Locations:Job Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become a Regulatory Affairs Senior
Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better
tomorrow. In this job, you will be part of the State Regulatory
Operations team at Southern California Edison, primarily
responsible for leading portions of its General Rate Case (GRC)
proceeding at the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC).
This position will be responsible for leading the GRC process with
other SCE stakeholders to establish project objectives, provide
planning support, and develop significant portions of SCE's GRC
proceedings through application, discovery, rebuttal, and hearing
phases. This includes influencing and leading cross-functional
teams, collaborating with employees at all levels and areas within
the company, and engaging with some of SCE's key external
stakeholders. This is a highly collaborative and challenging role
where you will be exposed to critical elements of the GRC and learn
firsthand how SCE obtains funding to provide safe, reliable,
affordable, and increasingly clean energy for our customers and
communities. As a Regulatory Affairs Senior Advisor, your work will
help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner
air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us
build the future? A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work
smart and shine bright!
- Responsible for influencing and leading cross-functional teams
including GRC witnesses, Attorneys, and Finance leads to develop
high-quality and persuasive GRC deliverables.
- Provides regulatory analysis and project management through the
GRC litigation process, which includes supporting witness
preparation, SCE's evidentiary hearings, and communications with
CPUC staff or intervenors.
- Research and present pertinent information to the GRC team,
witnesses, legal counsel and senior leadership on complex GRC
matters; identify issues and handle resolution; build business case
for changes in funding and make strategic decisions to alter plans
- Lead strategic collaboration with external and internal
partners throughout the GRC process as a trusted point of contact
between SCE and regulators.
- Support operational planning and risk analysis strategy and
processes in SCE as it relates to the GRC.
- Responsible for reviewing, improving, and finalizing GRC work
products and recommending changes based on findings.
- Identify issues and develop and implement strategic solutions
or options for management.
- Ensure proper integration of strategic and operational
activities for regulatory filings.
- Perform scenario analysis on operational and regulatory
- Develop recommendations for senior management decision making.
- Ten years of experience in financial, operational, legal, or
regulatory environment including testimony development, witness
support, or related project management.
- Experience in leading cross-functional projects.
- Experience writing and interacting with key partners across an
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
SharePoint. The preferred
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree in Science, Engineering,
Economics, Law, Finance, Communications or Public Policy.
- Strategic decision-making experience.
- Experience establishing working relationships with customers,
technical staff, managers, and peers.
- Experience providing direction to junior team members in
- Experience providing senior management with information on the
financial and operational impacts of existing and proposed,
risk-informed strategies, including development and presentation of
meeting materials and presentations.
- Experience reviewing historical, pending, and new business
processes to identify potential impacts on company operations,
including recommendations to address the operational impacts.
- Experience identifying, managing, leading, and supporting
ad-hoc short-term projects. You should know---
- Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined,
this position's work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an
SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resources page to get meaningful
information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing
information, and hiring process, and more!
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Testing
Information page for further information and to access information
guides. For information guides, please reference test 8203.
Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in some
cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
- Relocation may apply to this position. About Southern
California Edison The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on.
Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation
that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet.
Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing
our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE,
you'll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making
a real impact in Southern California and around the world. At SCE,
we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity
Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Rosemead , Regulatory Affairs, Senior Advisor [HYBRID], Accounting, Auditing , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!