IT & Cyber Auditor [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: March 15, 2023
IT & Cyber Auditor [HYBRID]
- Job ID: 71037731
- Job Family: Audit
- Location: Rosemead, CA USJob Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become an IT & Cyber Auditor at
Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In
this job, you'll be in the Operations and Consulting Services
division of the Audits Services Department within Southern
California Edison (SCE). This position provides input to audit team
leads and management that could have a significant impact on
decisions involving of the effectiveness and efficiency of
operations including compliance with regulatory and legal
requirements. In this position, you will provide input to the audit
team and management for briefing senior management regarding the
system of internal controls, reliability of operating information,
and compliance with CPUC requirements, including laws, regulations,
and the corporate standards of conduct. As an IT & Cyber Auditor,
your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and
create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the
challenge to help us build the future? A day in the life - Get
ready to think big, work smart and shine bright! You will
participate as an audit team member, primarily in the areas of
utility, regulatory operations, on highly complex, sensitive and/or
specialized projects or audits having a major significance/risk to
the Company by following the audit protocols and work program. Work
will be primarily performed in the areas of Information Technology
and Cybersecurity, including regulatory compliance processes, on
highly complex, sensitive and/or specialized projects. You may also
be leading audits based on capability and situation. You may be
working with a subject matter expert through our managed-service
provider or securing expertise through the supply chain process.
- Develop and provide recommendations based on audit field work
for inclusion in audit reports to senior management that
strengthens internal controls, enhance compliance, reduce risks,
and improve operations.
- Audit Observations/Recommendations are identified during
fieldwork and must be supported by persuasive evidence including
descriptions of tests performed, sample population, deviations from
identified processes including significant gaps or
- Audit teams should strive to identify the cause of the
Observation and not simply point out symptoms. Significant
contributing factors (gaps) if articulated effectively as part of
the condition assessment can help management understand the basis
for the recommendations and develop corresponding corrective action
plans to address the underlying causes and increase the
effectiveness, efficiency, and economy of their operations. This
position would assist the audit team in the identification of
- Participate in the performance of advisory engagements as
requested by management and offer recommendations to enhance
effectiveness and efficiency of operations
- Senior management occasionally requests the Audit Services
Department to act in an advisory capacity to evaluate operations
and provide recommendations to improve an organization's
governance, risk management, and control processes.
- Audit Services develops the scope and schedule for advisory
engagements and performs the evaluation in cooperation with the
- This position would assist the advisory team during the
performance of the engagement.
- Maintain contact with inter- and intra-department personnel,
managers, and supervisor; participate in periodic meetings with
Operating Unit management up to and including Principal Managers
and Directors. Qualifications
- Seven (7) or more years of experience performing audits of
systems, physical, logical, or cyber security schemes in a highly
- Four (4) or more years of experience managing concurrent
projects, including assessing risks, developing work plans,
prioritizing, and scheduling work activities to support timely
- Within three years of assuming this position, must have one of
the following certificates in active status: Certified Information
Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Systems Security
Professional (CISSP), or acquire the certification within three
years of beginning position. The preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer
Sciences, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Information
Systems, or Auditing
- One of the following certificates and/or licenses in active
status: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Internal
- Experience of the audit function and advanced audit techniques;
audit protocols, generally accepted auditing standards, business
risk assessment principles, control self-assessment techniques,
computer assisted audit techniques, statistical sampling, audit
report writing and documentation.
- Four (4) years of information technology and/or cybersecurity
- Experience synthesizing data and observations into findings and
effectively present and communicate conclusions in writing and
- Ability to work effectively with tact, and be flexible in a
variety of situations, including those involving uncertainty, lack
of information, and changing circumstances.
- Ability to recognize organizational challenges and patterns
that may be external to the testing work.
- Experience performing risk analysis and assessments.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage complex issues.
- Identification and development data flows for audit
- Analysis of complex sets of data using Microsoft Excel, Access,
or other analytical tools that help visualize data such as Power
BI. You should know ---
- Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined,
this position's work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an
SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resources page to get meaningful
information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing
information, and hiring process, and more!
- Position may require up to 15% traveling and being out in the
field throughout the SCE service territory.
- Relocation may apply to this position. Testing
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Testing
Information page for further information and to access information
guides. For information guides , please reference test 8203.
Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in some
cases, may not need to retest again for this position. About
Southern California Edison The people at SCE don't just keep the
lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of
innovation that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly
the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while
providing our customers with the safety and reliability they
demand. At SCE, you'll have a chance to grow personally and
professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and
around the world. At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a
proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any
other protected status. We are committed to ensuring that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
accommodations at (833) 343-0727. #L1-BH1
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Rosemead , IT & Cyber Auditor [HYBRID], Accounting, Auditing , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...