Financial Reporting Senior Specialist [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Financial Reporting Senior Specialist [HYBRID] AddThis Sharing
Buttons Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to LinkedIn Share
to Email App
- Job ID: 71042544
- Job Family: Finance / Accounting
- Location: Rosemead, CA US
- Salary: 91,500-137,300 Job Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Are you looking to make a
difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner
energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
Become a Financial Reporting Senior Specialist at Southern
California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job,
you will be responsible for supporting the external reporting of
the Company, including but not limited to: Securities and Exchange
Commission (SEC) quarterly and annual filings, benefit plans
filings, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) filings,
Energy Information Administration reporting, trust filings, etc.
This individual will also provide accounting guidance related to
transactions and disclosures to ensure conformity with Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and support the analysis
performed for the monthly management reporting. A day in the life -
Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Support the preparation of quarterly and annual reports filed
with SEC and FERC, including analyzing all supporting disclosure
data and review of XBRL tagging.
- Plan and prepare other external financial reports.
- Assist in the analysis of financial information to support the
monthly management reporting package.
- Assist in the implementation of new disclosures, perform
research on accounting issues, document guidance and present
conclusions to senior management.
- Identify areas for improvement in the current process,
implement changes and provide consultation to the senior management
on business issues identified as part of improvements.
- Will also perform other responsibilities and duties as
- Five (5) years' experience with interpreting and applying GAAP
and other regulatory requirements.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially using
Microsoft Excel and creating V-LookUp Formulas and Pivot Tables.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
Management or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management
- Experience in the audit practice of a public accounting
- Experience following SOX controls.
- Experience with SEC reporting.
- Knowledge of regulated companies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to
effectively communicate accounting issues and business
- Ability to work in a team setting and have the ability to work
across functions and departments in analyzing information
developing information and solutions. You should know---
- This position's work mode is hybrid. The employee will report
to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resources page to get meaningful
information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing
information, and hiring process, and more!
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Testing
Information page for further information and to access information
guides. For information guides, please reference test 8203.
Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in some
cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
- Relocation may apply to this position. About Southern
California Edison The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on.
Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation
that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet.
Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing
our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE,
you'll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making
a real impact in Southern California and around the world. At SCE,
we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity
Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Rosemead , Financial Reporting Senior Specialist [HYBRID], Advertising , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...