Engineer 3 [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Engineer 3 [HYBRID] AddThis Sharing Buttons Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter Share to LinkedIn Share to Email App
- Job ID: 71040220
- Job Family: Power Procurement / Renewables
- Location: Rosemead, CA USJob Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become an Engineer 3 at Southern
California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow, by joining one
of the global leaders in clean energy procurement . In this job, as
part of the Contract Compliance and Technical Services team, you'll
be responsible for a variety of technical reviews, advisory and
inspection functions for SCE's contracted generation portfolio. You
will get a chance to apply your skills by providing technical
advice to the commercial contract management and origination teams
for one of the nation's largest, and rapidly growing, contracted
clean energy and energy storage portfolios (4+ GW energy storage,
11+ GW clean energy generation). The role includes time in the
field representing SCE at site inspections, electric generator
testing, and performance verifications compared to SCE's power
purchase contract requirements. Additionally, the role requires
review of power purchase contracts, settlement agreements,
technical documents, single line diagrams, site plans, and forced
outage & other lost output events for contract compliance and
safety. The role performs analysis of generation unit input/output
data to determine unit performance with respect to physical
capabilities, emissions, and efficiencies. As an Engineer 3, your
work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create
cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to
help us build the future? A day in the life - Get ready to think
big, work smart and shine bright!
- Evaluate, witness, and document power plant testing and verify
installed equipment through site visits according to power purchase
agreement terms while also ensuring compliance with State and
Federal requirements and optimization of customer costs and
- Develop and maintain site visit safety programs and personnel
protective equipment inventories.
- Provide support for various solicitations including: preparing
and articulating technical requirements in Request for Offers
("RFO") documents and bidder's calls; reviewing technical aspects
and documents of submitted offers; and analysis of contract terms
and assisting RFO teams with technical requirements.
- Participate on negotiation teams, when applicable, and provide
technical advice and support for amendments, disputes, data
requests and compliance filings.
- Conduct, or manage appropriate contract resources, to develop
complex studies related to power purchase contracts, renewable or
conventional generation resources, or other technical related
- Serve as a corporate domain expert to provide support to
integrated resource planning, production cost modeling and other
SCE departments with cost and characteristics of generation.
- Present and represent SCE, under general guidance, at
conferences and internal and external meetings with respect to
technical electrical generation or storage resource issues, such as
the technical requirements around conventional, renewable or
storage procurement and program or contract compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering field
- Knowledge of power plant generation types and power plant
- Five (5) years of engineering related experience. The preferred
- Master's Degree or higher in engineering field
- Professional Engineer's (PE) license
- Advanced knowledge of power plant generation types and power
plant operating protocols
- Three (3) years of experience related to generation assets
operated in an energy market or under a power purchase
- Experience performing complex analysis, consulting, and
providing recommendations regarding power plant operations or other
business/market optimization activities.
- High degree of understanding of power purchase agreements and
interpretations of terms and conditions regarding testing and
- Power plant operations, power plant development, or
- Experience with Power BI or other data analytical tools. You
- When a return-to-office date has been determined, this
position's work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE
facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely
on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are
required to reside in the state of California. Further details of
this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate
Resource page for further information and to access information
guides. For Information Guides , please reference test 8203- Edison
Individual Contributor Workstyles. Candidates who have previously
passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest
again for this position.
- Position will require up to 30% traveling (predominantly being
out in the field throughout the SCE service territory).
- Relocation may apply to this position. About Southern
California Edison The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on.
Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation
that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet.
Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing
our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE,
you'll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making
a real impact in Southern California and around the world. At SCE,
we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity
Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Rosemead , Engineer 3 [HYBRID], Engineering , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!