Regulatory Accounting & Analysis Principal Manager
Company: Southern California Edison
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Job DescriptionJoin the Clean Energy Revolution
The Regulatory Accounting & Analysis Principal Manager at Southern
California Edison (SCE) supports key financial and regulatory
functions. In this job, youll work in the Finance Organizational
Unit (OU), Controllers department and will report to the Assistant
Controller. You will manage a team of approximately 20 employees,
with responsibility for the accurate recording of more than $12
billion of annual revenue. In addition, you will lead the
regulatory accounting function following ASC 980 and be a key
partner in determining our strategy for obtaining regulatory
approval of critical cost recovery efforts.
- Responsible for the accounting for revenues authorized from the
various regulatory sources, primarily the California Public
Utilities Commission and the Federal Energy Regulatory
- Records all revenues in accordance with Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (ASC 606 and 980).
- As necessary, establishes and maintains revenue models for each
separate revenue program, utilizing robust cross-functional
collaboration to ensure accuracy.
- Assess customer write-offs and allowance for doubtful
- Manages the accounting of all regulatory balancing accounts and
cost recovery mechanisms, including;
- Monitor and assess the financial implications of all regulatory
developments, including proceedings, proposed regulatory orders and
decisions, and regulatory audits. Assess regulatory exposures and
determine if reserves are required.
- Analyzes over- or under-collections, including assessing the
probability of cost recovery and any related financial
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and YTD reports to support OU to
manage the programs and comply with regulatory reporting
requirements (proceeding or compliance filings). Owner of financial
data to ensure single source of information and consistency in
- Manages and reviews the accounting for all fuel and purchased
power activities including:
- In support of SCEs nationwide leadership through its Clean
Power and Electrification Pathway, reviews long-term power purchase
contracts prior to and post execution for complex accounting issues
(derivative, leases, variable interest entities).
- Manage and review the preparation of multiple month-end power
procurement related reports.
- Provides strategic direction to identify and implement system
and process improvements.
- Manages, leads, and develops accounting staff.
- Manages and fosters a safe work environment.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Seven or more years of accounting experience.
- Seven or more years of experience managing and leading
professional accounting staff.
- Achievement of at least senior auditor within public
accounting, performing financial statement audits of public
- Strong utility industry and regulation knowledge and
- Masters Degree in Accounting.
- Demonstrable experience in the review, interpretation and
application of accounting standards within an accounting
- Strong analytical skills.
- A track record of identifying and implementing process
improvements within an accounting or regulatory environment.
- Achievement of at least senior auditor with a Big Four public
accounting firm, performing financial statement audits of public
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with
all levels within the company.
- Demonstrated strong ethics, influence and negotiation,
leadership, accountability and ownership, organizational skills,
ability to multi-task and the ability to effectively manage in
periods of tight deadlines and engage in continuous learning.
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
About Southern California EdisonThe people at SCE don't just keep
the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. Were fueling the kind
of innovation thats changing an entire industry, and quite possibly
the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while
providing our customers with the safety and reliability they
demand. At SCE, youll have a chance to grow personally and
professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and
around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
Keywords: Southern California Edison, Rosemead , Regulatory Accounting & Analysis Principal Manager, Executive , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!