Senior Manager of Rates & Regulatory Affairs
Company: Southern California Edison
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Job DescriptionJoin the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Senior Manager of Rates & Regulatory Affairs at Southern
California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job,
you'll be responsible for retail sales forecasting and marginal
cost of service determination, both of which represent key inputs
used in retail rate designs for all of SCE's nearly 5 million
customers. You will directly and through the management of staff,
ensure accurate forecasting and costs determination through
existing methodologies or the development of new methodologies. In
SCE's Phase 2 General Rate Case proceedings, you will either
directly sponsor or manage a staff that directly sponsor testimony
related to marginal cost, and where applicable, revenue allocation,
and rate design. As part of this and other rate design proceedings,
you will work with senior attorneys, managers, directors and VPs
within SCE and various CPUC Energy Division staff on a routine
basis. In addition to developing SCE testimony, your work team will
be responsible for the reviewing other party's testimony; workshop
coordination; and other general project coordination activity.
In addition to sales forecasts and marginal costs' determination,
you will interact with senior internal/external personnel to drive
issues and organize work vital to addressing critical strategic
goals for SCE and other California utilities (e.g. Port of Long
Beach Rate Application, Economic Development rates, Net Energy
Metering avoided costs analyses, streetlight rate designs, Green
Pricing alternative assessment, electric transportation rate
developments-e.g. cold ironing/Alternate Fuel Vehicle-OIR
proceeding) and a variety of other marginal costs driven rate
projects and proceedings as they materialize. As a Senior Manager,
your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and
create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the
challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
- Directs staff of project managers and/or financial analysts to
update SCE's billing determinant forecasts to ensure that rates are
crafted to fully collect SCE's constantly evolving authorized
revenue requirement subject to various state laws, CPUC, and FERC
- Directs staff of project managers and/or financial analysts to
perform customer and grid marginal cost studies in support of
equitable rate designs that support Corporate pricing objectives
(including mitigation of rate subsidies and uneconomic by-pass,
appropriate support of Energy Action Plan objectives as they relate
to demand response, and other strategic objectives.
- Sponsor the Corporate Revenue Reporting Information System
(CRRIS) and manages rate benchmarking - tasks include:
- Oversee the programming requirements for the analysis, design,
development, testing, implementation, maintenance, enhancement, and
operation of the CRRIS system.
- Analyze, develop, and design new revenue and financial
reporting requirements in support of the Company's tariffs, rates,
and FERC contracts for CRRIS.
- Develop and design revenue reporting requirements that result
from the General Rate Case, CPUC Compliance, or advice
- Respond to any special projects and/or ad-hoc requests for
CRRIS data and provide expertise and guidance related to
- Ensure all SOX requirements meet the annual certification
- Performs semi-annual rate benchmarking among CA utilities,
provide semi-annual EEI rate information, assign and review ad hoc
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering,
Mathematics or related field.
- Five or more years' experience managing a technical staff
familiar with economics, cost studies, cost causation principles,
and/or rate design fundamentals.
- Experience developing implementation strategies based on
results of analyses and communicating the strategy and impacts
through written testimony and PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience writing and preparing reports.
- MBA or related master's degree.
- Three or more years' working with corporate financial
- Five or more years' direct experience in drafting testimony,
comments, data requests and/or testifying, etc. before the
- Strong ability to direct staff in the development and
communication of technical information.
- Knowledge of SCE's rules and tariff applicable to SCE's retail
- Knowledge of marginal cost principles and marginal cost
allocation as they apply to electric retail rate design.
- Proficiency in communicating complex issues to audiences that
are not familiar with the subject matter.
- Customer-focused to understand and respond appropriately to
clients' business needs.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships and work
well with others in both small group and cross-functional group
- Interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers,
management, and other work units.
- Empower self and others to overcome obstacles and achieve
- Accurately analyze information and make sound decisions that
have significant business impact under minimal direction.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- Relocation may apply to this position.
The people at Edison don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is
so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's
changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us
and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our
customers with the safety and reliability they demand. You'll have
a chance to grow your career and make a difference in the
Edison International (NYSE: EIX), through its subsidiaries,
generates and distributes electric power, and invests in Cleantech
companies, energy services companies and infrastructure, including
renewable energy resources. Edison's business platforms include
Southern California Edison (SCE), one of the largest electric
utilities in the U.S. and a longtime leader in renewable energy and
energy efficiency, and Edison Energy, a corporate energy services
business with a national footprint, offering integrated solutions
in a rapidly changing energy and cleantech marketplace. Both in
California and the US, Edison International is widely recognized as
an industry leader with a vision to drive toward a clean energy
future (http://www.sce.com/pathwayto2030/), staying at the
forefront of deploying new technologies, exploring innovative
business models and advancing transformative policies.
At Edison, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
Keywords: Southern California Edison, Rosemead , Senior Manager of Rates & Regulatory Affairs, Executive , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!