Senior Manager, Compliance & Governance Services
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
We recognize this is a difficult time for many. At Edison, we
are doing our part to provide support in these challenging times to
safeguard our employees, communities, customers and candidates. Due
to evolving changes related to the COVID-19 situation, we're
exploring alternative ways to safely continue the recruitment and
hiring process. As a result, you may be asked to leverage digital
tools such as video interviewing and/or other formats. Should you
advance through the recruitment and hiring process, instructions
will be provided by our Human Resources team. We appreciate your
patience and continued interest in careers with Edison. Senior
Manager, Compliance & Governance Services
- Job ID: 71032887
- Job Family: Compliance
- Location: Rosemead, CA USJob Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become a Senior Manager at
Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In
this job, you'll be a part of the Compliance & Governance Services
- Power Supply Compliance group within Energy Procurement &
Management (EPM) and will work with a dynamic organization on high
impact regulatory obligations to meet SCE's energy needs for
customers. Compliance professionals with both regulatory and
operational knowledge and experience will be expected to
strategically partner with the business line to ensure that our
practices, controls, and processes are in compliance with both
regulations and tariffs. You will liaise with business management
and Legal teams to provide and pursue ongoing compliance advice on
regulatory matters and compliance risk, and will identify and
escalate compliance-related risks and help to measure the
sufficiency of controls while providing advice on a routine basis
to management and the business line . As a Senior Manager, your
work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and
create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the
challenge to help us build the future? A day in the life - Get
ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Provide direction, leadership, oversight, and coordination in
support of EPM complex compliance obligations and programs.
- Act as lead interface amongst BLs and coordinate with other BLs
across the company.
- Direct, facilitate, and provide regulatory advice and support
to the business line for activities under CPUC, CAISO, FERC, CEC,
CFTC, and CARB.
- Effectively partner with business, legal, risk and operational
partners to understand operational and regulatory risks in a
- Review, track, report, and escalate key compliance issues and
- Implement appropriate actions plans to address compliance
and/or control gaps.
- Proactively develop and evaluate controls and execute on
opportunities for enhancements.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and "hot issues" and anticipate
areas of focus and attention of regulators and keep Compliance
colleagues and management informed.
- Provide guidance and leadership to Business line and management
on planning, designing, and implementing compliance solutions to
meet emerging and changing compliance requirements.
- Coordinate input from BLs for compliance reports, filings,
audits, data requests, and regulator responses, etc.
- Champion and build a "Culture of Compliance" by leading formal
compliance education efforts across EPM. Qualifications
- Five (5) years of experience analyzing and interpreting
regulations, legislation, or policies
- Five (5) years of combined experience
managing/supervising/performing in a compliance function
- Project management skills and experience managing complex
- Knowledge and understanding of CPUC, FERC, CAISO, CARB, etc.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- 5 years of experience managing/supervising an
- 7 years of experience analyzing and interpreting regulations,
legislation, or policies
- Operational & organizational understanding of EPM
- Strong verbal and written Communication skills
- Excellent Teamwork / collaboration skills
- Influence and negotiation skills
- Ability to work across functions You should know---
- Visit our Candidate Resources page to get meaningful
information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing
information, and hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position. About Southern
California Edison The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on.
Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation
that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet.
Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing
our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE,
you'll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making
a real impact in Southern California and around the world. At SCE,
we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity
Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
343-0727. #L1-BH1 Edison/Southern California Edison (SCE) is
committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a
proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any
other protected status. EEO is the Law /Pay Transparency .
Edison/SCE participates in: E-Verify Program (English and Spanish )
- Right to Work program (English and Spanish ). Applicants have
rights under Employment Laws . If you require special assistance or
accommodation while seeking employment with Southern California
Edison, please contact Human Resources at (833) 343-0727 or (800)
352-8580 (Telecommunications device for the hearing impaired -
TTY). Please be aware of scammers posing as recruiters or
employers, using reputable company names with the intention to
collect confidential and/or financial information. If you receive
an unsolicited or suspicious job offer or application that claims
to be from Edison International or Southern California Edison,
please report it to our security team at (626) 815-5611. Edison
Energy and its subsidiaries are not the same company as Southern
California Edison, the utility, and they are not regulated by the
California Public Utilities Commission.
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Rosemead , Senior Manager, Compliance & Governance Services, Executive , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!