Senior Manager Systems Engineering
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Raytheon Technologies Intelligence and Space is the leading
provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most
accurate and timely information available for the network-centric
battlefield. The Systems Engineering, Integration & Test (SEIT)
Airborne Early Warning & Reconnaissance Systems (AEWRS) Department
requires an experienced Lead Systems Engineer (LSE) to provide
technical leadership to program execution. The AEWRS department
provides comprehensive Program Engineering and Systems Engineering
support of Secure Sensor Solutions (SSS) AEWRS and Advanced
Concepts and Technology (ACT) Advanced RF programs.
The LSE responsibilities include:
- Leading a large, multi-disciplined, diverse team of system
design and system integration engineers from pre-proposal
activities, through the competition, and through program
- Will provide technical leadership to a team of engineers that
include leading the execution of integration and test activities,
problem resolution and verifying that the deliverable products meet
all program and customer requirements.
- Support the development and flow down of systems requirements,
error budget trees, and performance modeling, simulation and
- Will lead design reviews, test/production readiness reviews,
gate reviews, trade studies and other program/customer reviews as
required to keep the Team on track.
- Support new/follow-on business proposals and ROMs as required
by the program.
- Support the professional development of team members and ensure
senior technical personnel "pass on" knowledge to more junior
- Provide development feedback and information back to functional
- Drives modeling and simulation into a holistic IV&V
approach with the objective of early requirements sell-off.
This individual will interface with their team lead, team members,
and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis, conduct or
participate in customer and/or program technical review
presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work
products to the team lead.
- Technical Experience: Minimum 12 years' experience with a few
of the following areas related to RF systems engineering: signal
processing, surveillance, reconnaissance, synthetic aperture radar
imaging, communication systems, electronic protection, ID, or
- Experience communicating and presenting complex topics across
all organizational levels and customers
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of team leadership,
program staffing, EVMS, risk management, subcontract management,
and quality controls (process tailoring, audit, etc.)
- Experience in radar and/or communication system operational
concepts, functional and operational gap analysis, proposal
development, Design to Cost / Design to Specification concepts,
analysis and trade studies, link budgets and margins, and algorithm
- Experience executing and integration and test procedures on
radar, and supporting testing of radar and LRUs in the lab.
- Experience investigating software stability issues, flight test
problem reports, and developing solutions to the problems.
- Very strong organization, coordination, planning and teaming
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of operation of
multiple sensors, key performance parameters and design degrees of
freedom for various sensors
- Active Secret Clearance
- Advanced understanding of radar and how the different systems
in the radar/EO/IR interact with each other.
- Ability to troubleshoot radar HW & SW and make recommendations
on HW & SW solutions.
- Ability to understand radar modes and how they fit together
with operational tactics.
- Firm understanding of system life-cycle to include logistics,
reliability, maintainability and depot management.
- Working knowledge of radar development related engineering
disciplines; Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering
(Analog/RF, Power/P-Spice, digital), Mechanical Engineering
(structural, thermal, drawings), Software Engineering (Structured
Analysis, Object Oriented, coding), Reliability, Operational,
- Proposal development leadership and technical volume
- Technical mentoring in Radar design for multi-function
- Demonstrated involvement in continuous process improvement
- Bachelor's of Science degree (BS) or equivalent in Engineering,
Math, Physics, or related discipline
- Advanced degree(s) in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science,
Math, or related discipline
175445Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: RTX, Rosemead , Senior Manager Systems Engineering, Executive , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!