Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Description: Job Title: Program ManagerJob Location: Anaheim,
CAJob Description:This position provides overall direction and
management to specific development and production contracts plus
internal company programs while heavily influencing profit and loss
(P&L). This role is responsible for the cost, schedule and
technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major
programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract
changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans,
performance Statement of Work (SOW) and specifications, operating
budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary
customer contact for program activities, leading program review
sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a
Secret Clearance, active clearance preferred
- Manage proposal, design and development, product management,
and internal research and development programs.
- Project Management
- Manages, with full authority, all phases of a project from
inception to completion.
- Manage major projects and interface with all customers
(internal and external) effectively.
- Manage day to day aspects of the project, including
cross-functional decision making, task/schedule management, issue
resolution/escalation, communication, requirements management, and
risk management activities.
- Conduct program reviews to ensure that product elements meet
the contractual and business requirements.
- Manage budget and determine Estimate at Complete while
identifying any cost growths and reasons for growth.
- Perform monthly program Earned Value analysis including EAC,
CPI/SPI, and negative variance.
- Lead definition of project management plans (e.g. scope
management plan, schedule management plan, budget, risk management
plan, requirements, management plan, quality management plan,
- Achieves project objectives by contributing information and
recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and
completing action plans; implementing production, productivity,
quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems;
completing audits; identifying trends; determining system
improvements; implementing change.
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements;
preparing a budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances,
and initiating corrective actions.
- Manage Product Development Processes including all phases of
development, phase gate exit reviews and release to
- Proposal Development
- Lead work breakdown structure definition, cost estimation, risk
estimation, and high-level schedule creation.
- Interpret RFP requirements and lead the creation of proposal
approach and content.
- Internal Research and Development
- Manage small and agile teams to quickly and efficiently develop
new technologies for project specific applications and new and
- Establish WBS and project management plan based on business
needs for new IR&D given open scope and direction.
- Provide monthly budget, schedule, and status updates to
Management for review and direction. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required (engineering discipline is
preferred) and minimum 6 years of prior related technical
experience. Or Graduate degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior
related technical experience.
- Must have experience managing complex, multi-million dollar
projects or programs.
- Experience in leading integrated product teams.
- Broad based knowledge and experience in order to manage and
direct design and development activity across the engineering
functions. Preferred Additional Skills:
- Earned Value (EVMS) experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Preferred experience in related DoD (Department of Defense)
- Sound reasoning and decision-making ability; strong analytical
- Inclusive management style: able to lead and motivate team
members and be comfortable with raising issues in a timely
- Must be able to interface with Engineering, Manufacturing,
Contracts, Procurement, Quality, Administrative, and management
- Stellar communication skills including verbal, written and
presentation skills for internal and external customers.
- Strong practical organization, facilitation, and arbitration
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Rosemead , Program Manager, Executive , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!