Home Health Manager
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved
seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge
healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors
and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team
that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social
support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through
our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These
values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you'll help
inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of
healthcare and well-being experiences and create the
never-before-seen!The WelbeHealth Home Health Manager is
responsible for the delivery of outstanding care in participants
homes and oversight of care provided in nursing homes and board and
care homes. The WelbeHealth Home Health Manager manages skilled
home health and non-skilled care home care, including arranging and
supervising nursing, personal care and PT/OT. The Home Health
Manager facilitates collaborative relationships across WelbeHealth
and with external stakeholders to promote the WelbeHealth values,
culture and mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operating a high-performing home care
department ensuring workflows and policies are followed at all
- Manage home care staff including hiring, training, supervising
and coaching all team members.
- Oversee the effectiveness of Home Care Nursing assessments and
- Ensure home care nurses deliver and document home care nursing
interventions as agreed upon in the participants' care plans
including but not limited to maintaining a healthy and safe
environment, promptly and accurately responding to physician
orders, and correctly administering medications and performing
ordered tests and treatments.
- Provide oversight or conduct on-site supervision and
instruction to LVNs, Home Care Assistants and Home Health Aides
assigned to participants' homes at least as frequently as specified
in the Home Health Agency regulations and more often if
- Manage the scheduling and tracking of home care hours and HCA
assignments ensuring efficiency and adherence to participant care
- Manage the nightly navigator LVN program and support
outstanding care transitions, in close collaboration with medical
providers and care coordinators.
- Oversee the quality of care provided to participants in nursing
homes and board and care facilities.
- Work with providers, care coordinators and other members of the
IDT to manage smooth care transitions between settings (hospitals,
skilled nursing facilities, home, etc.)and deliver high-quality
- In coordination with the Outreach and Enrollment Team, support
enrollment of prospective participants into the program.
- Serve as Home Health Agency Director of Patient Services and
assume overall responsibility for coordination of Home Health Care
- Manage direct reports including hiring, training, supervising
- Be legally authorized to practice in position location,
- Only act within the scope of his or her authority to
- Other duties as assigned.
- Competitive base salary
- Quarterly bonuses
- Equity Participation Grant
- 401 (K) + 3% Match
- Medical, dental, and vision, life and Long-term disability
- 12 Holidays, 10 sick days per year, 17 days paid time off per
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- California Registered Nurse (RN) Required.
- Valid State Driver's License with a clean DMV record.
- Copy of recent Vehicle Insurance required.
- Minimum of two years experience managing/supervising home
health team members and home care operations.
- Minimum of two years nursing experience in a clinical setting
with a frail or elderly population, home health agency experience
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a
quickly and accurate manner in a changing environment, and capable
of make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Excellent clinical, leadership, organizational and
communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and
interdisciplinary team members.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills
in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team
- Experience leading in a data-driven organization, leveraging
reports and data to prioritize and manage people and
- Highly motivated, inspirational leader who is able to
innovatively engage, support and remove barriers for the team to
ensure the team consistently meet established goals.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our
vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a
vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of
vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team
members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and
belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People
seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information or
characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other
status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: WelBeHealth, Rosemead , Home Health Manager, Executive , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!