Director Diagnostic Imaging Services
Posted on: May 26, 2023
In conjunction with the Chief of Diagnostic Imaging, responsible
for the operational, clinical, service and fiscal management of
Diagnostic Imaging Services. -Develops and implements a strategic
approach to integrate diagnostic imaging services with
business/organizational plans, goals and objectives. -Directs the
operations of full service, high volume inpatient and multiple
outpatient imaging sites, (7 days, 24 hours) which usually includes
radiology, MRI, CT, IR, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, x-ray,
mammography. -May also include cardiac cath labs and -imaging
- In conjunction with the Chief, directs diagnostic imaging
operations and services to meet the clinical needs of physicians,
staff and members and provides services which add value and are
aligned with strategic/organizational goals and objectives.
- Manages all administrative, technical and clerical operations
of Diagnostic Imaging Services to ensure quality, patient care,
access and budget goals are achieved; manages continuous
improvement of departmental clinical and administrative processes
- Coordinates the operations of department across multiple sites
by maintaining appropriate staffing and productivity levels;
developing/monitoring performance and productivity improvement,
safety, quality and regulatory standards.
- Manages the strategic planning of major facilities
construction/renovation projects to ensure the safe and effective
placement of imaging equipment and efficiency of operations.
- Ensures imaging service levels are maintained during periods of
construction and transition.
- In conjunction with the Chief of Diagnostic Imaging, develops
and administers technical and clinical imaging standards and
protocols for the delivery of medical imaging services in keeping
with service, value, quality, cost and access goals of the
- Directs fiscal management of the department, including
forecasting and monitoring of operating performance.
- Identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and
improve quality of service.
- Directs the management of human resources, labor relations,
employee and department safety and risk management programs.
- Accountable for the on-going training and professional
development of technical and administrative staff; may be
responsible for planning, delivering and evaluating
students/professional staff education and development
- Recommends the acquisition and implementation of new technology
based on knowledge of developments in diagnostic imaging technology
and a competitive healthcare market.
- Develops and implements an Equipment Plan for the procurement,
maintenance and replacement of imaging equipment.
- Accountable for adherence to state and federal rules and
regulations on safety and quality assurance programs; ensures
compliance with TJC JCAHO, MQSA, federal, state and local
- Patient Safety: Accountable to promote an organizational
culture of safety and ensure appropriate patient safety standards
and guidelines are implemented consistently in the delivery of
health care to our patients, including but not limited to: TJC
JCAHO, National Quality Forum, and Leapfrog.
- See Patient Safety Management Accountabilities Addendum for job
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time
as directed.Basic Qualifications: -Experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a manager in a full
service imaging department in an acute care medical center
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience -as a staff
technologist in a diagnostic imaging modality. -Education
- Bachelors degree in Clinical Discipline such as Radiologic
Technology, Health Care, Business or Health Services Administration
OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required. -License, Certification, Registration
- Radiologic Technologist Certificate (California) AND American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certificate - Radiography from
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists - - - - - OR
- Nuclear Medical Technologist Certificate (California) - - - - -
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certificate -
Nuclear Medicine Technologist from American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists - - - - - OR
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Certificate from
American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers - - - - -
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certificate from Nuclear Medicine
Technology Certification Board -Additional Requirements:
- Prior leadership accomplishments as well as demonstrated
achievements in clinical management and staff development
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills and prior
accomplishments in project management, labor relations and human
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, and local regulatory
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. -Preferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of and experience within three (3) years in a
high volume imaging department preferred.
- Experience managing in a union environment strongly
- Masters degree preferred. - -PrimaryLocation : California,Los
Angeles,West Los Angeles Medical CenterHoursPerWeek : 40Shift :
DayWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, FriWorkingHoursStart : 08:00
AMWorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PMJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type :
StandardEmployee Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation :
NUE-SCAL-01-NUE-Non Union EmployeeJob Level : Director/Senior
DirectorJob Category : Imaging & RadiologyDepartment : West LA
Medical Center - Radiology-General - 0806Travel : Yes, 25 % of the
TimeKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to
a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Rosemead , Director Diagnostic Imaging Services, Executive , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...