Company: Hire Velocity
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Rosemead, California. This
and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
Charge Nurse- Shift Available: 7:00 AM-7:00 PM rotating
The Charge Nurse (R.N.) prescribes, delegates, coordinates, and
evaluates patient care through collaborative efforts with health
team members and in accordance with the nursing process and the
standards of care and practices. Supervisory responsibilities for
LVN/LPT and Program Specialist.
Education: Graduate from an accredited program of professional
nursing required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years experience as a registered
nurse in a psychiatric health care facility is preferred.
License: Currently licensed to practice by the State Board of
Nursing. Must have a valid driver's license in applicable
Additional Requirements: CPR (AED) certification and successful
completion of NCI training. May be required to work overtime and
flexible hours. Must pass a medication administration exam before
administering medications. Must maintain a valid driver license or
ID in applicable state within 90 days of employment.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS ARE CATEGORIZED UNDER STANDARDS OF
- Complete a comprehensive nursing assessment and patient
interview according to policy within eight hours of patient's
admission to the unit.
- Document patient information and nursing care.
- May serve as a Qualified Medical Professional (QMP) and a
Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP).
- Document and reassess any significant changes in the patient's
condition in compliance with facility's policy.
- Delegate staff assignments based on patient needs.
- Makes daily patient care assignments based on individual
staff's level of competency
- Supervises nursing staff to assure timely completion of patient
activities of daily living (ADL's)
- Supervises ‘q 15 minute safety rounds' to assure they are
completed timely, accurately and completely in accordance to
- Assess the milieu and treatment staffing needs for each
- In addition to the formal q 15 minute safety rounds conducted
on all patients each shift, the Charge Nurse will additionally
conduct informal rounds as clinically indicated throughout his/her
- Report any signs or symptoms of infection in patients to the
Infection Control Nurse.
- Verify the accuracy of patient records.
- Is responsible for the overall management and supervision of
all nursing staff members during his/her shift.
- Assures communication with Unit Manager and Director of Nursing
for all unanticipated patient outcomes and/or changes in patient's
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs,
psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: Hire Velocity, Rosemead , Charge RN, Healthcare , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!