HR Compliance Assistant
Company: Panda Restaurant Group, Inc
Posted on: May 16, 2020
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional
Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people
are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people
because great people run great operations that will exceed our
guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will
experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five
fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great
Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining
restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served
in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill
concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by
founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from
entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions
available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA.
Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant
SUMMARY OF JOB SCOPE AND EXPECTATIONS:
The HR Compliance Assistant supports and conducts basic compliance
work, including review of electronic I-9 forms and E-Verify cases
and pre-employment background checking. This position rotates
through Compliance work to gain knowledge and proficiency in each
area and provides administrative support to the Compliance team.
The HR Compliance Assistant assists in the research, creation of
presentations, spreadsheets, and reports related to I-9/E-Verify
compliance and with criminal background checking initiatives.
The essential functions in this job description are not
all-inclusive of this job s duties and responsibilities. Reliable
and dependable attendance is required.
* Assists with company s pre-employment background checking
process. Contacts the hiring manager and/or candidate for
additional information as directed by the Pre-Employment Checking
* Determines whether the candidate is eligible to be hired based on
Panda policies and state employment laws in the state where the
open position is located and the results of the criminal background
checking. May coordinate audit procedures and follow-up to support
criminal background checking initiatives under guidance of
* Reviews electronic I-9 forms and E-Verify cases daily for
compliance with government rules and regulations and contacts
associates to verify authorization to work in the US.
* Provides internal and external customer service related to
I-9/E-Verify compliance as directed. Coordinates with associates on
their providing acceptable types of work authorization
* Follows up on outstanding compliance tasks to support compliance
program initiatives. Reviews I-9 and E-Verify documentation and
helps identify areas for correction.
* Assists in the creation of presentations, spreadsheets, and
reports related to I-9/E-Verify compliance and with criminal
background checking initiatives as required. Provides general
administrative support to the Compliance team as requested.
* Bachelor s degree in business administration or related field
* Minimum one year of administrative experience preferred
* Successful completion of annual store training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda s Mission, Vision, Values,
* Familiarity with I-9 and E-Verify compliance preferred
* Familiarity with background checking procedures preferred
* Familiarity with retail/hospitality industry and practices
* Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite
* Communication, listening, customer service, and assessment
* Time management, organization, and prioritization skills
* Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
* Ability to meet deadlines and follow up on details
* Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
Panda Restaurant Group s culture is strongly guided by our Mission
and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all
interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values,
as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective
People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Panda Restaurant Group, Inc, Rosemead , HR Compliance Assistant, Human Resources , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!