SAP HCM/SuccessFactors Sr. Advisor
Company: Southern California Edison
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Job DescriptionJoin the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a SAP HCM/SuccessFactors Sr. Advisor at Southern California
Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, youll
support HRs journey to the Cloud, Digital Transformation and the
overall optimization of SCEs HR Technology solutions. This is a
senior position within HR Information System (HRIS) team a superb
opportunity for someone looking to make an impactful change to the
way SCE employees interact with technology. Some of our recent
initiatives include Virtual Reality based training, AI based
interviewing tools, mobile enablement of key HR functions and
Robotics. You will lead technology initiatives aligned to the HR
People Strategy including business process improvements, managing
enhancements for cloud and on-premise HR applications. Support
project management activities with the Human Resources Project
Management Organization, as well as perform other duties and
responsibilities as assigned. Responsible for driving consistent
change within HR Technology initiatives. Your technical and
interpersonal skills, bend towards critical analysis, and natural
people whisperer personality are important to this mission. We need
you to own and optimize enhancements for our HRIS on-premise and
Cloud based applications. As a Senior Advisor, your work will help
power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air
for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us
build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
- Lead and implement various enhancements stemming from HR
Technology initiatives which influence our employee's experience
primarily related to implementing different HR modules of
SuccessFactors and supporting the functional HR organizations
responsible for the already implemented SuccessFactors
- Lead system configuration for cross-platform updates including
integrations with other applications, mobile platform,
notifications, and updates and reporting. Launch new mobile
functionality to be used by the enterprise, configure new
functionality in staging environments as a proof of concept, enable
new features as they become available. - Become a thought partner
for the different HR areas and Business Partners by providing
technical advice and recommendations. - Collaborating with partners
to facilitate business requirements, user-acceptance testing plan
scenarios, lessons learned and project closure.
- Partner with IT and HR to handle and implement business process
changes to HR including on-premise and cloud applications,
resulting from strategic business initiatives and process
- Lead and support major company and HR initiatives such as
SuccessFactors Cloud release, activation of new cloud
functionality, Mobile application deployment, SAP HCM Components
(ECC) like Personnel Administration, Organizational Management, and
Business Intelligence (BI) systems changes by providing
consultation and domain expertise.
- Facilitate and direct multi-functional teams to address issues,
solve problems and resolve major or complex issues.
- Support project managers in the HR Project Management
Organization (PMO) on larger enterprise wide strategic
- Handle fit/gap analysis process and assessments to ensure
identification of any functionality gaps between the business
requirements and current system functionality.
- Provide tier three support for SuccessFactors related
- Support the overall HR Technology Portfolio and Roadmap.
- Provide technical expertise/back-up to Enterprise portal team
including rolling out new enterprise wide features like MS Teams,
PowerBi, Delve, PowerApps and etc.
- Manage design requirements and maintenance of HR intranet
content. Drive development of web-based communications, tools and
materials. Consult with HR practice disciplines on portal content
design and functionality. Support for intranet includes supporting
platform change to SharePoint and functionality releases. Manage
the development and maintenance of links to vendors.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in HR Technology
and how it can be demonstrated at SCE.
- Be available for any after-hours critical system outages and
changes as needed.
- Throughout your career, youve shown yourself as a guide with
SAP HCM and SuccessFactors to the point that youve been promoted to
become the go to for HR technology questions. Youre most likely to
deliver high-impact process improvements, and have been for the
last three years, at least. The real essence of your professional
life thus far has been inspiring change and leading transformation
- Bachelors Degree in Business, HR, Information Systems, Computer
Science or related field.
- Seven years of experience managing/supporting multiple SAP HCM
(any two modules) and/or SuccessFactors (Learning, Talent, Employee
Central & others), including systems configuration, software
development process, and reporting of project/program
- Ten years of experience with Human Capital Management system
- SuccessFactors Certification.
- Hands on experience implementing and maintaining SAP HCM
Personnel Administration, Organizational Management, and
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Pro-level ability
to interface and collaborate across all levels and groups as well
as with external representatives.
- Experience facilitating partnership between multiple groups to
obtain party consensus and drive forward solutions.
- Experience with the HCM 'hire to retire' process.
- Hands on experience implementing and maintaining SuccessFactors
Performance Management, Goals Management, Succession Planning,
Development, Learning, Employee Central, Recruiting, Onboarding,
Workforce Planning, Workforce Analytics and Compensation modules
- Effective resource and project planning, decision-making,
results delivery, flexibility, team building, and the ability to
stay ahead of relevant technology and innovation.
- Ability to effectively handle stress and engage in continuous
- High-level understanding of third-party integrations with HRIS
- Advanced Proficiency with the following Microsoft Office suite
tools: Microsoft SharePoint, Word, Excel, Power Point and Microsoft
- Experience with process mapping and using continuous
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- Relocation may apply to this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so
much bigger. Were fueling the kind of innovation thats changing an
entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create
a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with
the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, youll have a chance
to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in
Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
Keywords: Southern California Edison, Rosemead , SAP HCM/SuccessFactors Sr. Advisor, IT / Software / Systems , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!