Senior Technical Training Specialist [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Senior Technical Training Specialist [HYBRID] AddThis Sharing
Buttons Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to LinkedIn Share
to Email App
- Job ID: 71038213
- Job Family: Human Resources
- Location: Rosemead, CA US
- Other Locations:Job Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution - Become a Senior Technical
Training Specialist at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a
better tomorrow. In this job you will play a key role in the
strategic direction of the HR Enterprise Learning & Development
group (ELD) support of SCE training programs. You will be
responsible for developing technical, systems, and power skills
training. In addition you may work as part of a larger project team
and work with multiple stakeholders. As part of the learning
organization, this position will work with training leads, internal
clients and subject matter experts to determine learning desired
outcomes and learning objectives. You will also be responsible for
contributing to the overall training development of new hire
curricula, new technology systems or maintenance of existing
systems and courses, as well as associated operational and business
processes. - As a Sr Technical Training Specialist, you will help
power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air
for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us
build the future? - A day in the life-Get ready to think big, work
smart and shine bright!
- Utilize instructional design and consulting skills to
conceptualize, design, and develop e-Learning, instructor-led, and
blended learning training modules for the Customer Service
- Design and develop overall training curriculum. Research,
design and develop technical training courses in areas governed by
state/federal utility regulatory requirements. -
- Manage multiple functional curricula including design
development, improvement, and maintenance.
- Determine instructional strategies and develop measurable
objectives for designing and assessing all training
- Project manage including scoping and planning of learning
solutions as well as collaboration with project leads, internal
clients, subject matter experts, and the third-party vendor
development partner(s) on the overall development of learning
- Design and develop e-Learning from ideation through
storyboarding and development as needed.
- Design and develop instructor-led training curricula including
facilitator guides, participant materials and collaborate with
learning delivery for implementation.
- Conduct job task analysis and Train the Trainer sessions.
- Analyze, design, and develop new training curricula,
participant guides, job aids, and assessments that are complex in
- Conduct needs assessment and job/task analysis to determine
scope of training.
- Identify issues for management follow-up as needed.
- Utilize instructional design tools such as Articulate
Storyline, EnableNow, WalkMe and Microsoft Office to develop
- Five or more years of experience with instructional design,
training, and/or learning technology.
- Experience consulting with stakeholders to understand
performance and skill gaps, determine learning solutions, and
linkage to goals. The preferred -
- Bachelor's degree or higher in instructional design, education,
instructional technology, or equivalent work experience.
- Technology Experience (i.e. EnableNow/Walkme,
- SAP knowledge.
- Utility experience.
- Proven experience in an agile environment.
- Technical Documentation.
- Advanced skills/experience in instructional design practices
and methodologies, including ADDIE and SAM. -
- Experience using instructional design applications (ie.
articulate rise, articulate story line, learning management system,
MS Office). -
- Ability to build relationships with a broad audience both
internal and external to Southern California Edison.
- Experience managing systems and/or technical training
- Experience developing systems soft skills and/or technical
- Experience applying adult learning theory, to include measuring
outcomes of learning.
- Advanced analytical and project management skills and have
great attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate both technical and non-technical
material in a readily understandable manner
- Able to work collaboratively with other team members
- Strong verbal, written, and analytical skills You should know
- Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined,
this position's work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an
SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage. -
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more! Testing
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate
Resource page for further information and to access information
guides. For information guides , please reference test 8203.
Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in some
cases, may not need to retest again for this position. About
Southern California Edison The people at SCE don't just keep the
lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of
innovation that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly
the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while
providing our customers with the safety and reliability they
demand. At SCE, you'll have a chance to grow personally and
professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and
around the world. At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a
proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any
other protected status. We are committed to ensuring that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
accommodations at (833) 343-0727. #LI-MM1
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Rosemead , Senior Technical Training Specialist [HYBRID], IT / Software / Systems , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!