Wireless Telecommunications Engineer 3 [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Playing in picture-in-picture Like Add to Watch Later Share Clip
ID: 583635219 Delivery: application/vnd.vimeo.dash+json Embed Size:
514--289 Separate AV: true Dropped Frames: 0 / 0 - 0 Playhead /
Buffer: 0 / 0 / 0 Bandwidth: 0 (0 Kbps0 Kbps) No Debug Key
available as Do Not Track is enabled. 00:00 00:32 Quality Auto
Speed Normal Customize Preview This opens in a new window. Wireless
Telecommunications Engineer 3 [HYBRID] AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to LinkedIn Share to Email
- Job ID: 71041122
- Job Family: Engineering
- Location: Rosemead, CA USJob Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution This position will be in the
Network & Telecommunications Services-Wireless Engineering group
within Southern California Edison's (SCE) Information Technology
(IT) Operating Unit. The successful candidate will build network
designs to support various wireless networks including ISM-band
mesh, VSAT satellite, Land Mobile Radio, unlicensed point-to-point
unlicensed, and LTE. SCE leverages these systems for critical
business systems including Grid Control, Field Voice Communication,
Metering, Demand Management, and Wildfire Risk Mitigation. This
position will also assist with the evaluation and introduction of
new wireless platforms to meet emerging company use cases. A day in
the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Evaluate requirements of assigned projects within established
telecom communication system standards to meet project and system
objectives, considering a wide variety of sophisticated factors
such as accessibility, availability of power, and proximity to
other SCE facilities.
- Develop plan of service for projects, including elements such
as required communications facilities, facility site location,
required systems, etc.
- Develop project cost and schedule estimates, incorporating
complete scope, cost, and schedules conveyed to internal clients
and external customers.
- Build and issue design documentation for assigned projects and
coordinate execution of designs by implementation resources.
- Track project delivery including scope, schedule and budget
with internal Network & Telecommunication Services, construction
service providers, and internal client operating units.
- Coordinate with vendors, external utilities, governmental
agencies, and external clients as required to complete.
- Mentor junior engineers to cultivate understanding of wireless
- Evaluate and operationalize alternative wireless technologies
to meet current and future business requirements.
- Maintain a safety conscious work environment by following
Edison safety protocols and safe work practices. Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in relevant Engineering
- Five (5) or more years of RF (Radio Frequency) design and
- Must have a valid US driver's license with a clean abstract.
- Telecommunications engineering experience.
- Experience with ISM mesh radio networks, VSAT satellite
networks, LTE networks, and land mobile radio systems.
- Experience with large-scale wireless network deployment.
- Experience with electric utilities, telecommunications
carriers, or a related field. You should know---
- This position's work mode ishybrid. The employee will report to
an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit ourCandidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. Please access ourInformation Guides , to
reference Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles test 8203.
Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some
cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
- Position will require up to 20% traveling and being out in the
field throughout the SCE service territory.
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted
position - Prior to being hired, you must pass a Personnel Risk
Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the
candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining
un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing vital
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work
directly as employees for any employer in the United States without
visa sponsorship. About Southern California Edison The people at
SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger.
We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing an entire
industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and build a future
with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety
and reliability they demand. At SCE, you will have a chance to grow
personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern
California and around the world. At SCE, we celebrate our
differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not
discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status or any other protected status. We are
committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions,
and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please
contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Rosemead , Wireless Telecommunications Engineer 3 [HYBRID], IT / Software / Systems , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!