Resource Optimization Sr. Specialist
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
We recognize this is a difficult time for many. At Edison, we
are doing our part to provide support in these challenging times to
safeguard our employees, communities, customers and candidates. Due
to evolving changes related to the COVID-19 situation, we're
exploring alternative ways to safely continue the recruitment and
hiring process. As a result, you may be asked to leverage digital
tools such as video interviewing and/or other formats. Should you
advance through the recruitment and hiring process, instructions
will be provided by our Human Resources team. We appreciate your
patience and continued interest in careers with Edison. Resource
Optimization Sr. Specialist
- Job ID: 71032898
- Job Family: Power Procurement / Renewables
- Location: Rosemead, CA USJob Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become an energy asset Resource
Optimization Sr. Specialist at Southern California Edison (SCE) and
build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will be part of the
Resource Optimization team within the Trading and Market Operations
group, where you will apply your technical, analytical, and
interpersonal skills to optimize the value of SCE's energy assets.
The successful candidate will collaborate with contract managers,
generation operators, power and gas traders, day ahead and real
time operators, and energy forecasting groups to develop and
implement bidding strategies for SCE's resource portfolio in the
California Independent System Operator (CAISO) wholesale energy
market. The Resource Optimization Sr. Specialist will help
integrate new resources into the California market, provide support
in regulatory filings, and advocate on behalf of our customers in
the CAISO stakeholder processes. Cultivating a deep technical
understanding of the California energy markets and SCE's portfolio,
effective teamwork, and creative thinking are key factors in our
success - optimizing the energy assets for customer value and
supporting grid reliability. As a Resource Optimization Sr.
Specialist, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon
emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to
take on the challenge to help us build the future? A day in the
life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Lead and support bidding strategy development, coordination,
implementation, and after-the-fact analysis for SCE's complex
portfolio, including thermal, renewable (wind, solar, geothermal,
biomass), hydro, energy storage, and distributed energy resources
- Lead and support cross-functional project teams to help
identify, prioritize, and execute process improvement opportunities
across the trade floor and the wider Energy Procurement and
- Provide support for SCE's regulatory filings (e.g. ERRA)
- Update forecast and operational data and utilize
simulation/optimization models to develop least-cost dispatch plans
for SCE's generating resources and power contracts;
- Develop and present market analytics reports to colleagues and
- Build relationships and interface on behalf of SCE with
external stakeholders (e.g. CAISO, CPUC, vendors);
- Utilize after-the-fact analysis to enhance planning processes,
strategies, and inform the optimal utilization of SCE's resource
- Maintain and improve current models and develop new analytical
models and methodologies for the daily planning process;
- Analyze and effectively report out on market trends in the
energy and ancillary services markets;
- Solve complex problems and perform analyses of new business
situations through coordination across EPM teams;
- Maintain a safety-conscious work environment by following
Edison safety protocols and safe work practices; and
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics,
Finance, Statistics, Data Science, or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience working in an analytical field,
including experience with statistical, econometric, financial
modeling, or equivalent.
- One (1) year of experience in organized energy markets, energy
trading, transaction valuation, or related analysis. The preferred
- Experience in operational planning, trading, and/or analysis of
power generation portfolios in deregulated wholesale power
- Understanding of the CAISO or other similar energy market
designs, including the use of Unit Commitment and Economic Dispatch
- Experience in bidding strategy development and
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams, from project
and resource planning, development of scope, and schedule, to
- Experience building, analyzing, and maintaining complex
optimization, numerical, or dispatch models.
- Experience researching information, analyzing it, preparing
reports, and making recommendations.
- Experience developing and delivering technical presentations to
both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience balancing multiple projects concurrently while
adjusting to changing priorities.
- Experience interfacing and collaborating with clients, peers,
management, and other departments.
- Strong ethics, leadership, interpersonal and communication
- Ability to effectively engage in continuous learning and
improvement. You should know---
- Visit our Candidate Resources page to get meaningful
information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing
information, and hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position. About Southern
California Edison The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on.
Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation
that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet.
Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing
our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE,
you'll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making
a real impact in Southern California and around the world. At SCE,
we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity
Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
343-0727. #L1-BH1 Edison/Southern California Edison (SCE) is
committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a
proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any
other protected status. EEO is the Law /Pay Transparency .
Edison/SCE participates in: E-Verify Program (English and Spanish )
- Right to Work program (English and Spanish ). Applicants have
rights under Employment Laws . If you require special assistance or
accommodation while seeking employment with Southern California
Edison, please contact Human Resources at (833) 343-0727 or (800)
352-8580 (Telecommunications device for the hearing impaired -
TTY). Please be aware of scammers posing as recruiters or
employers, using reputable company names with the intention to
collect confidential and/or financial information. If you receive
an unsolicited or suspicious job offer or application that claims
to be from Edison International or Southern California Edison,
please report it to our security team at (626) 815-5611. Edison
Energy and its subsidiaries are not the same company as Southern
California Edison, the utility, and they are not regulated by the
California Public Utilities Commission.
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Rosemead , Resource Optimization Sr. Specialist, Other , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!