Clerk (Bilingual Cantonese or Mandarin and English)
Company: Pacific Clinics
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Starting minimum rate $15.00 per hour
This position provides program and site support in compiling,
filing, and maintenance of client records / charts in a secured,
confidential manner; processes all requests for release of
information from client charts; meet and greet clients and act as
front office personnel. Other administrative duties include
photocopying, mailroom activities, and all telephone switchboard
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles and maintains clients' charts. Performs clerical tasks
related to the maintenance of all client medical records.
- Protects the security of clients' charts to ensure that
confidentiality is maintained.
- Pulls consumer records for daily appointments, returning
records and files to their proper file location.
- Files items sequentially in client chart according to
established filing system accurately and promptly.
- Maintains all charts in such a way that authorized staff can
easily locate items.
- Processes all release of information requests in a timely and
efficient manner ensuring that all releases of information are in
compliance with the request, authorization, clinic policy and HIPAA
- Uses the Clinics' record storage procedures, input indexing
data into the authorized record storage and retrieval system in a
timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares charts for transfer to storage following Clinics
- Meets and greets clients, schedules their appointments with
their doctors, and keeps track of all appointments and
- Maintains client financial folders up to date and file medical
eligibility. Enters prescriptions into PAT's system.
- Provides clerical support services to clinical staff.
- Assists in the completion of intake paperwork for new clients
including assisting new intakes with their financials.
- Processes and distributes all incoming and outgoing clinic mail
- Functions as part of an Agency support services team and
provides clerical support coverage at other programs and locations
- Performs other duties and work projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE/POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Demonstrated computer skills and working knowledge of Office
applications to be able to do light data entry.
- Basic knowledge of general computer equipment (keyboard,
monitor and printer features).Excellent customer service
- Display good written and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multi-lined telephone system.
- Bilingual in site specific language preferred.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license and maintain
an insurable driving record under the Clinics' liability policy (if
driving two or more times per week on company business) OR if
driving is not required, demonstrated ability to use public
transportation or other means to travel between sites, if
- Ability to handle multi-lined telephone system. Bilingual in
site specific language preferred. Must possess a valid California
driver's license and maintain an insurable driving record under the
Clinics' liability policy (if driving two or more times per week on
company business) OR if driving i
Keywords: Pacific Clinics, Rosemead , Clerk (Bilingual Cantonese or Mandarin and English), Other , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!