Exempt, Full Time
Are Looking For
our team, you are joining a dynamic group of diverse individuals
committed to the Corporal Works of Mercy. For us, what we do
is much more than a job or a career. If you feel called to be of
service, we invite you to explore our career
Cemetery Arrangements Counselor provides information and assistance
to cemetery patrons regarding cemetery property, policies and
practices by serving families that come to arrange for pre-need or
at-need burial(s) in a supportive manner to families in grief;
while establishing and maintaining effective communication of
efforts with cemetery office administrative staff., parish priests
and mortuary officials.
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic
Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the
goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
• Develops a growing rapport with families/patrons with an
emphasis on service. Provides information to families allowing them
to make a well-informed cemetery arrangement that meets their
• Assists patrons with cemetery arrangements, works with
parishes and mortuaries in assisting patrons.
• Advises and assists Manager regarding complaints from
patrons, suppliers and other companies.
• Available to move from one cemetery to another as needed at
the discretion of management.
• May assist with answering mail regarding locations,
genealogy and business matters.
• Assists patrons with questions and concerns or refers to
Manager for resolution.
• Accurately prepares and processes a variety of documents
including daily burial and memorial permits; daily pending
interment list and board; obtains burial permits from the Health
• Completes affidavit of heirs and/or release of interest
forms as needed.
• May be required to interpret and/or translate for families
in Spanish, as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of experience and education likely to provide the
required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
• B.A. Degree or equivalent. Coursework in bookkeeping, basic
clerical skills and experience with public relations or customer
• Two years of sales related experience
Knowledge, Skills, and
• Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
• Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
• Develop and maintain effective working
• Analyze and isolate errors and/or anomalies in system
• Effective customer service skills, including ability to
follow multiple pending requests through to completion.
• Ability to organize and coordinate projects.
• Working knowledge of AS/400 system operations.
• Proficiency in data entry and reconciliation
• Work independently with initiative and little
• Handle high level of responsibility.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Understanding of Christian Burial in the Catholic
• Interpersonal skills including tact, patience and
and Environmental Requirements
• Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily
• Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping and
• Requires ability to frequently lift or move objects up to 30
pounds.• Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists,
hands and arms.
• Ability to express or exchange information by means of the
Our Benefits include:
Health Insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision)
Mental Health Services (Employee Assistance
Vacation & Sick Time
Employee Discount Programs (24hr Fitness, LA Fitness, Hotel Engine,
Great Work Perks*)
*Great Work Perks (Amusement Parks, Car Rentals & Hotel,
Restaurant, and Shopping discounts)