Manager, Quality Assurance
Company: Flowserve Corporation
Posted on: November 12, 2021
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what
you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at
Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people,
your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the
global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your
opportunity for professional development and industry leading
rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the
values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond
opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working
together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the
world better for everyone!
The individual filling this role will oversee the management of
both commercial and nuclear quality programs (QA/QC) at the Vernon
facility and oversight of the Nuclear Repair Facility (QRC) in
Charlotte. The Vernon Quality Manager will also lead or support
multiple of initiatives including, but not limited to, nuclear
quality system improvements, QMS improvements, supplier quality
management processes, and internal audit. This individual should
possess a strong background in nuclear quality management and
leadership within large industrial manufacturing organizations, be
able to work with associates at all levels of the company
(especially on the factory or office floor), and have experience
with the manufacture of nuclear pumps and seals.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Lead Vernon’s Nuclear Quality Program.
- Lead Vernon’s Commercial Quality Program.
- Provide management oversight of the Charlotte Nuclear QRC
(which includes the Memphis Hot Shop).
- Provide coaching and direction for Site Leadership regarding
REQUIRES THE ABILITY TO:
- Use project management tools to ensure effective and timely
completion of project milestones.
- Interface with Engineering, Nuclear Sales, and all Nuclear
- Ensure export compliance.
- Evaluate current Quality Team Members.
- Review Quality Plans for Nuclear orders.
- Maintain all quality certifications required for both
commercial and nuclear orders (including ISO 9001 and ASME nuclear
- Lead and maintain the Vernon Internal Audit Program.
- Maintain compliance with all relevant Flowserve Global
procedures and industry regulations/statutes/requirements.
- Support the Corp Human Performance Program in 2022 (partnering
- Use detailed process mapping tools to define and analyze
quality management workflows.
- Interact with the functional areas including manufacturing,
purchasing, engineering, production, and field service/repair to
evaluate failure trends, product quality problems, and quality
- Evaluate existing quality processes and systems for
effectiveness and improvement opportunities.
- Support quality system deployment plans given multiple system
deployments with other functions (ERP, PLM, SIOP, etc.).
- Interact with customers and suppliers on quality issues plus
resolution of any problems within process and final product
- Provide input, guidance and coaching to site leadership team to
ensure continuous improvement.
- Provide quality support for in-process and final inspection to
establish quality standards and customers’ requirements.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form with a
wide variety of customers including both internal and external to
Flowserve. Communicate effectively with associates at all levels,
from the factory floor to executives at Flowserve and
- Be able to perform and coach others in data analysis and
perform root cause analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering field (manufacturing,
industrial, or mechanical)
- 8 years QM experience, including engineered-to-order
environments for the nuclear industry
- US Citizenship or US Green Card holder
- Management experience with NQA-1 and ISO 9001 quality
- Experience with 10CFR Part 21, 10CFR Part 50 Appendix B, ASME
nuclear certificates, ASME NQA-1, CSA CAN3-Z299 / N299, ?and ASME
BPVC Section III, NUPIC, NIAC
- NQA-1 Auditor Certified and Lead Auditor Certified
- Skilled in CAPA and RCA tools and able to teach and coach these
- Skilled in data analysis and quality KPI performance
- Supplier Quality Management Experience
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- BB Certification or Equivalent Certification/Experience
- MBB Certification and experience
- Experience with European and Asia/Pacific nuclear
Job Advertising Title: Manager, Quality
Primary Posting Location: Vernon, California
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 52650BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected
veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not
discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about,
discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances,
the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can
request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your
request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your
subject line of your email. For more information, read the
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Rosemead , Manager, Quality Assurance, Other , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!