Business Resiliency Emergency Response Senior Advisor (Hybrid)
Company: Edison International
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Business Resiliency Emergency Response Senior Advisor
* Job ID: 71033484
* Job Family: Safety, Security & Compliance
* Location: Rosemead, CA US
* Other Locations:
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Business Resiliency Emergency Response Senior Advisor
working with Business Resiliency at Southern California Edison
(SCE) and build a better tomorrow. You will work as part of a team
of emergency management experts who strive to provide for and
protect the security of people and property, and ensures the
company is well prepared to respond to and recover from incidents
that compromise our ability to operate. This position will help
lead efforts to ensure the company's Emergency Operations Center
(EOC), Incident Management Teams, and Incident support teams are
prepared and ready for all types of hazards and threats in our
As a Senior Advisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce
carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready
to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
* Lead the design and development of new emergency response
trainings and exercises.
* Help improve or refine EOC processes, protocols, or
* Serve as an emergency management subject matter expert,
particularly for incident response and recovery.
* Engage emergency management partners at the local, state, and
Federal level, and with utility industry professionals.
* Recommend, support, and consult on Business Resiliency
initiatives, including planning, technology, training, exercise
evaluation, and risk assessment projects.
* Support real-world emergencies, work in the EOC, and act as a
lead coach or other support function for Incident Support and
Management Teams. Will occasionally require weekend or night
* Ten years of emergency management or business resiliency
experience working with public or private entities; or a
combination of public and private sector experience in emergency
management or business resiliency.
* Five years of Emergency Operations Center or Incident Management
Team response experience, including experience responding to
incidents in an EOC or IMT.
* Four years of experience responding to State or Federally
* Four years of experience developing emergency management
trainings and exercises.
* Proven experience leading complex projects with multiple
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and
* Five or more years of work experience in electric utility
* Experience with WebEOC.
* Experience as an EOC Coordinator, Planning Section Chief, or
* Completion of FEMA training on the Homeland Security Exercise and
Evaluation Program (HSEEP); or equivalent.
* Experience leading the development and writing of After-Action
Reports for State or Federally declared disasters.
You should know ---
* Hybrid: Effective January 2022, this position's work mode is
Hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set
number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining
days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in
the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be
discussed at the interview stage.
* Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
* Relocation may apply to this position.
* This position requires testing and applicants who are identified
to continue through the selection process will be invited to test
via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate Resource page for
further information and to access information guides. For
information guides, please reference test 8203. Candidates who have
previously passed this assessment, in some cases, may not need to
retest again for this position.
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so
much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing
an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and
create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers
with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a
chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact
in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Edison International, Rosemead , Business Resiliency Emergency Response Senior Advisor (Hybrid), Other , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!