Home Care Assistant
Posted on: May 16, 2022
At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved
seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge
healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors
and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team
that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social
support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through
our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These
values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you'll help
inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of
healthcare and well-being experiences and create the
never-before-seen! The Home Care Assistant (HCA) is responsible for
providing safe delivery of personal care services to the
WelbeHealth participants in their homes, as scheduled and directed.
The Home Care Assistant collaborates effectively with colleagues
and stakeholders to promote the WelbeHealth values, team culture
and mission. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide personal care and assistance with activities of daily
living (ADLs) to WelbeHealth participants, in their homes,
including but not limited to bathing, dressing, grooming,
toileting, transferring etc.
- Assist participants with Instrumental Activities of Daily
Living (IADLs), including but not limited to laundry, light
housekeeping, shopping, etc.
- Measure and document participants' vital signs as needed.
- Assist with light meal preparation and feeding in participants'
homes as needed, ensuring participants are nurtured and
- Assist participants with safe transfer in and out of their
homes and act as medical escort in WelbeHealth vehicles and to
medical appointments as assigned.
- Maintain personal care supplies such as incontinence supplies
and personal grooming items in participants' homes.
- Assist Rehabilitation department by carrying out a home
exercise program as indicated in the care plan developed by the
IDT, after sufficient training.
- Remind participants of medications which are ordinarily
- Provide translation services as needed, if qualified.
- Remain alert and update the supervisor or any member of the IDT
promptly of any changes in participants' condition.
- Be legally authorized to practice in position location,
- Only act within the scope of his or her authority to
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate
- Protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company
procedures and information about team members, participants, and
- Follow WelbeHealth policies and procedures and participate in
any required Quality
Improvement activities, staff training and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- Certification of Home Health Aide (HHA) or Certified Nursing
Assistant in California (CNA) preferred.
- Valid State Driver's License with a clean DMV record.
- Copy of recent Vehicle Insurance required.
- Minimum of one year of experience providing personal care to a
frail or elderly population.
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor and communicate
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast-paced
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
- Commitment to unlocking the full potential of our most
vulnerable seniors COVID-19 Vaccination Policy At WelbeHealth, our
mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors.
In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for
all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment
is required. Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion At
WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team
members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and
belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People
seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information or
characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other
status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: WelBeHealth, Rosemead , Home Care Assistant, Other , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!