BUSSER/UTILITY/DISHWASHER - Carrows of Rosemead
Company: Carrows Restaurants
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Reports To: Manager or Supervisor on Duty
Position Summary: This position is essential for the operation of
the restaurant. This position operates and maintains the dish
machine, washes and busses the dishes and contributes to the
success of Coco's and Carrows. Executing tasks required to sort and
rack dishes, operate the dish machine and maintain a stock of clean
dish and service ware in all needed locations. Ensure that
restrooms, floors, outside, kitchen, dish machine areas, storage
locations are clean and well organized.
Essential Functions: To perform the job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The
duties and responsibilities listed below are of those that must be
met to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform an
essential function. Team member must be certified in all 5 Star
Levels preceding and including the Bus/Utility position
- Pick up litter and debris from the parking lot area and the
perimeter of the restaurant.
- Clean and stock restrooms thoroughly at the beginning of the
shift and then maintain hourly/weekly.
- Operation and maintenance of the dish machine to include
checking and changing chemicals using proper safety precautions and
cleanliness of the machine inside and out.
- Remove all full flatware and bus tubs to the kitchen for
washing then replacing the full tubs with clean, empty tubs.
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans using the dish
machine or by hand as applicable.
- Replace clean dishware in the appropriate area for use quickly
- Sweep and mop floor areas in the kitchen, dining room and
- Empty full garbage containers into the dumpster throughout the
- Replace soda bag-in-the box as needed.
- Clean up any spills or broken glass immediately following
- Take grease filters down, wash thoroughly and re-position under
- Put away food deliveries checking for quality and maintaining
proper product rotation and hierarchy in a timely manner.
- Work effectively with managers, servers, cooks and fellow dish
- Handle complaints in a professional manner. Work with the
manager to resolve guest complaints.
- Bus tables as needed.
- Maintain a professional appearance, including proper hygiene
and report to work as scheduled, in uniform and ready to take over
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as
requested by the manager at any time.PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to take direction and have a positive attitude.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Meet productivity standards and complete work using time
- Language Ability Ability to comprehend simple instructions and
to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Math Ability Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers
using units of US weight measurement.
- Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in
- Communication Speak clearly and persuasively in both positive
and negative situations. Speak effectively with guests, coworkers
and management. Approach others in a tactful manner.
- Permits Ability to obtain and maintain a state applicable food
handler's card.WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is
frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While preforming the duties of this position, the team member is
required to stand or walk for 2 hours at a time up to 4-8 hours.
Team member will be able to sit approximately every 2 hours. Team
member will continuously be performing hand and wrist work
including grasping, and bending and twisting. Team member will
frequently push and pull and reach above the shoulder. Team member
will occasionally kneel or squat. This position will seldom require
fine hand manipulation or climb/stairs. Team member will
continuously lift or carry 0-5 pounds, frequently lift or carry
6-10 pounds, occasionally lift or carry 11-40 pounds and rarely
lift over 41-50 pounds.
Keywords: Carrows Restaurants, Rosemead , BUSSER/UTILITY/DISHWASHER - Carrows of Rosemead, Other , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!