Workers' Compensation Advisor [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Workers' Compensation Advisor [HYBRID]
- Job ID: 71037131
- Job Family: Law
- Location: Rosemead, CA USJob Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become a Workers' Compensation
Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better
tomorrow. You will be responsible for determining eligibility and
administering Workers' Compensation (WC) disability and medical
benefits on complex claims while adhering to internal policy and
procedures as well as regulatory and statutory requirements. As an
Advisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon
emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to
take on the challenge to help us build the future? A day in the
life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Responsible for conducting initial formal contacts with
business organization management, medical providers, injured
workers, and witnesses on complex claims making introductions,
explaining the claims process and to identifying red flags that may
impact liability. -
- Provide advice on complex WC matters and directs initial
- Accountable for benefit administration, medical cost
containment, coordination of the utilization review process and
nurse case management to ensure medical treatment is appropriate
while moving complex cases to conclusion.
- Responsible for evaluating Company liability and establishing
reserves based on the ultimate probable cost of the claim in
accordance with the State of California Self Insurance Plans
- Determines excess recovery and third-party liability and
recovery for subrogation and coordinates with Claims as needed.
- Formally resolves complex claims involving permanent disability
and/or future medical, Medicare Set-Asides (MSAs) and Structures
Settlements at Workers' Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB).
- Must have seven years demonstrated experience and expertise
administering benefits on workers' compensation claims.
- Must have SIP Certification and -California Workers'
Compensation Claims Adjuster Designation
- Must possess a knowledge of WC laws, regulations, disability
rates, notices for benefits, and the ability to calculate benefits,
awards, commutations, and penalties accurately.
- Must have demonstrated litigation experience and demonstrated
ability to work with legal documents.
- Must Possess a valid CA Driver's License. The preferred
- Seven years of experience and expertise administering workers'
- Experience with MSAs
- Experience at WCAB and other legal proceedings.
- Certificate and/or Licenses: WCCA, WCCP, Risk Management
Certification, CPCU, CPFI You should know..
- Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined,
this position's work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an
SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more! Testing
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. -Please access our Information Guides ,
to reference Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles test 8203.
Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some
cases, may not need to retest again for this position. About
Southern California Edison The people at SCE don't just keep the
lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of
innovation that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly
the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while
providing our customers with the safety and reliability they
demand. At SCE, you'll have a chance to grow personally and
professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and
around the world. At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a
proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any
other protected status. We are committed to ensuring that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
accommodations at (833) 343-0727.
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Rosemead , Workers' Compensation Advisor [HYBRID], Other , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!