Public Affairs Communications Advisor [HYBRID]
Company: Edison International
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Public Affairs Communications Advisor [HYBRID]
* Job ID: 71038814
* Job Family: Corporate Communications
* Location: Rosemead, CA US
* Other Locations:
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Public Affairs Communications Advisor at Southern
California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job
you will be part of the Local Public Affairs (LPA) team within the
Corporate Affairs organization. You will report to the Policy
Engagement Manager and work with colleagues throughout the
organization, across the company, and may also work with external
stakeholders. You will support the Public Affairs (PA) team with
written content and materials produced for a variety of channels
and delivery mechanisms. The primary purpose of the communications
produced is to educate, influence, and engage target audiences for
advocacy on energy policy priorities and projects. You will
research, create and distribute written content and reports for
both internal and external audiences. This work includes
communication strategy for coalition building and support on a
number of clean energy, public safety, reliability, affordability
topics and more.
As an Advisor, you will help power our planet, reduce carbon
emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to
take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life-Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
* Play a prominent role on the LPA team, tasked with communications
strategy and crafting a wide variety of content that supports
public affairs projects.
* Advise and counsel project team counterparts on communications,
keep a pulse on the tone of external conversations and provide
analysis and recommendations on challenges and opportunities for
advocacy and engagement.
* Ensure that collateral and material is in line with corporate
brand guidelines and follows the "one-voice" practice of using
existing talking points and message platforms, customizing them for
* Work closely with digital and social teams in corporate
communications for consistency on digital channels with in support
of policy priorities.
* Identify and analyze metrics and report performance of content
and communication products with an eye toward continuous
* Provide support in an assigned role for Organizational Unit (OU)
and Company emergency response, resiliency, and Incident Management
Team activations, processes, and reports. This includes emergency
response work both during and after normal working hours as part of
SCE's emergency response teams.
* Seven plus years of experience working in communications roles
that include research, campaigns, writing/journalism; and/or social
* Five years of experience crafting written content that targets
and influences public affairs audiences including elected
officials, community-based organizations, or advocacy groups.
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Communications, Marketing,
Journalism, Business, Political Science, Public Administration, or
* Experience with public relations or public affairs issues,
policy, or work related to engagement and advocacy.
* Experience working on advocacy campaigns, content development and
* In depth understanding of the key factors driving effective
communications in a PA environment.
* Knowledgeable about content trends and best practices.
* Understanding how to use social media tools to listen,
communicate, and build relationships with targeted
* Problem solver; self-starter; high degree of creativity to find
new ways to reach and communicate to target audiences.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong
attention to detail.
* Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce,
* Demonstrate strong ethics, interpersonal skills, and the ability
to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
* Strong organizational and project management skills.
* Critical thinker with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced,
You should know
* Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined, this
position's work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE
facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely
on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are
required to reside in the state of California. Further details of
this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
* Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
* This position requires testing and applicants who are identified
to continue through the selection process will be invited to test
via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate Resource page for
further information and to access information guides. For
information guides, please reference test 8201. Candidates who have
previously passed this assessment, in some cases, may not need to
retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so
much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing
an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and
create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers
with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a
chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact
in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Edison International, Rosemead , Public Affairs Communications Advisor [HYBRID], Other , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!