Energy Markets Specialist [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Energy Markets Specialist [HYBRID] AddThis Sharing Buttons Share
to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to LinkedIn Share to Email
- Job ID: 71038846
- Job Family: Power Procurement / Renewables
- Location: Rosemead, CA USJob Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become an Energy Markets
Specialist at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better
tomorrow. In this job, you'll perform analytics and calculations of
settlement charges assessed by the CAISO over a portfolio of
utility owned generation, power purchase agreements, and demand
response resources. You'll be part of an energetic team of CAISO
Settlement Analysts reporting directly to the Senior Manager of
CAISO Settlements. This position is in the Energy Procurement and
Management organization which is contributing to SCE's goal to be
recognized by our industry as a high-performance organization. As a
Specialist, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon
emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to
take on the challenge to help us build the future? A day in the
life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Reviews CAISO market information, solves business problems and
supports analyses of new business situations. Assists in after the
fact analysis for a complex portfolio of resources.
- Analyzes market trends in the energy and ancillary services
markets. Works with senior members of the team to analyze, present,
and implement strategies for a complete complex analysis, often of
moderate significance and/or risk to the Company.
- Learns and understands ISO markets and correlations to SCE's
power contract payments
- Utilizes multiple industry recognized systems such as
SettleCore and PowerBI to validate and analyze market results
- Becomes knowledgeable about sources of data and resources
available to integrate and present information regarding CAISO
market mechanisms as it relates to settlements.
- Utilizes existing or devises new, innovative models and
methodologies to correlate large volumes of data into
- Perform queries to formulate algorithms and create macros.
Establishes recommendations and conclusions based on analysis of
- Understands system capabilities and communicates CAISO
settlements business knowledge Qualifications
- Three or more years of application of technical skills within
in a corporate environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to
prepare reports and present complex technical information to a wide
audience, in non-technical language. The preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business, Finance, Economics,
Engineering, or related field of study.
- One or more years of experience in functions related to ISO
settlements, systems analyses, electricity trading or
- Understanding of the California Independent System Operator
(CAISO), PJM, NE-ISO, MISO, or NYISO market design.
- Experience in building spreadsheet models using VBA coding for
macros and forms.
- Experience with validating energy, capacity, and emissions
- Experience analyzing complex financial, regulatory, and/or
- Experience with financial and/or quantitative analyses.
- Strong foundation in statistics, mathematics, and computer
programming with respect to data sciences and big data
- Experience in writing SQL queries to retrieve data from Oracle
and SQL Server databases.
- Experience with PowerBI, SettleCore, or other visual analytical
tools to be used for trending analyses. You should know
- Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined,
this position's work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an
SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resources page to get meaningful
information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing
information, and hiring process, and more!
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Testing
Information page for further information and to access information
guides. For information guides, please reference test 8203.
Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in some
cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
- Relocation may apply to this position. About Southern
California Edison The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on.
Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation
that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet.
Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing
our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE,
you'll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making
a real impact in Southern California and around the world. At SCE,
we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity
Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Rosemead , Energy Markets Specialist [HYBRID], Other , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!