Data Scientist, Advisor [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Data Scientist, Advisor [HYBRID] AddThis Sharing Buttons Share
to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to LinkedIn Share to Email
- Job ID: 71035316
- Job Family: Data Science
- Location: Rosemead, CA USJob Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become a Data Scientist, Advisor
at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In
this job, you'll be responsible for working closely with clients,
data stewards & SMEs, information architects, data engineers,
project/program managers, and other teams to turn data into
critical information and knowledge that can be used to make data
informed business decisions. As a Data Scientist, your work will
help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner
air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us
build the future? A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work
smart and shine bright!
- Research and identify new sources and methods of data
- Develop and implement tools for acquisition, extraction,
transformation, management, and manipulation of large and complex
- Prepare and integrate large, varied datasets. Facilitate
selection and preparation of data for specific-use cases.
- Lead the development and/or maintenance of models for complex
analytical problems, discovering insights and identifying
opportunities using statistical, algorithmic, data mining, and
advanced visualization techniques.
- Improve existing quantitative models using advanced analytical
tools. May build and deploy production analytics.
- Research and identify trends and new or emerging tools,
methods, and models that are applicable to SCE. Provideinsights and
recommendations for their application and adoption. Translate
business problems into mathematical problems and implement
production-level code in an industrial setting
- Maintenance of the implemented models and algorithms with AI,
Machine Learning, & Deep Learning features running in business
- Monitor and publish key operational metrics.
- Study and recommend changes to applications based on new and
- Mentor lower-level Data Scientists on data sources, models,
methods, and tools. Conduct quality checks on work product and
provide guidance on work assignments.
- Keep abreast of new and current data science / big data
techniques, continue developing and maintaining relationships with
data science individuals at other utilities and vendors and
participate in relevant industry forums and groups.
- Five (5) years of experience working directly in data
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline such
as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics,
Mathematics, or business analytics The preferred
- Broad understanding of the electric utility industry and its
- Advanced Machine Learning methods such as deep learning,
Bayesian methods, time series analysis, boosting, and bagging.
- Advanced computational methods such as convex
- Formulate high-level business goals as data science problems.
Identify appropriate machine learning or data mining algorithms to
solve various electric utility problems.
- Capable of learning from state-of-the-art technical articles
and reports. Has the ability to tailor state-of-the-art algorithms
to solve the problem at hand, Has the ability to create insightful
interpretations of the results. You should know ---
- Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined,
this position's work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an
SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resources page to get meaningful
information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing
information, and hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position. Testing
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Testing
Information page for further information and to access information
guides. For information guides, please reference test 8203.
Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in some
cases, may not need to retest again for this position. About
Southern California Edison The people at SCE don't just keep the
lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of
innovation that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly
the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while
providing our customers with the safety and reliability they
demand. At SCE, you'll have a chance to grow personally and
professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and
around the world. At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a
proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any
other protected status. We are committed to ensuring that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
accommodations at (833) 343-0727. #L1-BH1
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Rosemead , Data Scientist, Advisor [HYBRID], Other , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!