Solutions Architect [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Solutions Architect [HYBRID]
- Job ID: 71038365
- Job Family: Information Technology
- Location: Rosemead, CA US
- Other Locations:Job Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become a Solutions Architect at
Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In
this job, you will be accountable for supporting and driving
technology solutions within the Transmission and Distribution
(T&D), Power Supply and/or Customer Services portfolios to help
integrate renewable energy resources, modernize, and optimize SCE's
electric grid, and introduce new computing and communication
platforms all while ensuring cybersecurity is built-in to the
design. As a Solutions Architect, your work will help power our
planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air for
everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build
the future? A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart
and shine bright!
- Support the development of activities of the operating
unit/portfolio business capabilities and direction and translate
new business needs into solution architecture requirements, define
multiple solution options to new and maturing business capabilities
and understand the financial impact of solution architecture
- Engage in active development of solution architecture
deliverables, approaches and enforces overall Enterprise
Architecture (EA) solution patterns, conduct EA reviews, gain
acceptance of solutions, ensure that the solution under
consideration appropriately cover all domains including
application, integration, cybersecurity, and infrastructure.
- Understand and articulate the proper integration across the
enterprise and influences key business stakeholders, process
owners, and program and project managers to ensure that program/
project objectives are met while providing a first line of decision
making on architectural governance issues.
- Engage in full project lifecycle to ensure architecture design
is adhered to and provides technical leadership through design,
development, testing, and implementation phases.
- Conduct code walkthrough of custom code and performs technical
review/assessment of COTS product architecture.
- Coordinate with lead solution architects and Enterprise
Architects to understand the appropriate business/portfolio
direction and to ensure that the solution under consideration
supports the direction for the business capabilities.
- 7+ years of combined experience within Information Technology,
engineering, enterprise architecture, and/or application
- 3+ years of hands-on product or project development activities
including standard System Development Lifecycle models,
methodologies, and coding standards.
- Experience in IT architecture and/or software and systems
design/engineering disciplines and practices including industry
standard approaches and frameworks. The preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Engineering or related technical major/ discipline.
- Experience working with large enterprise systems in a very
- Experience working with senior management, executives, and
other stakeholders to identify opportunities.
- Ability to create high-quality presentations, proposals,
statements of work, and assessment deliverables.
- Knowledge of TOGAF or other Enterprise Architecture Standards
- Experience with electric utility business processes within
Transmission and Distribution Engineering, Power Supply and/or
Customer Service operations.
- Experience with control systems, communication networks,
cybersecurity technologies, or Operational Technologies (OT)
- Experience working in projects utilizing agile development,
- Experience with microservices based architectures You should
- Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined,
this position's work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an
SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resources page to get meaningful
information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing
information, and hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position. Testing
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Testing
Information page for further information and to access information
guides. For information guides , please reference test 8203.
Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in some
cases, may not need to retest again for this position. About
Southern California Edison The people at SCE don't just keep the
lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of
innovation that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly
the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while
providing our customers with the safety and reliability they
demand. At SCE, you'll have a chance to grow personally and
professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and
around the world. At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a
proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any
other protected status. We are committed to ensuring that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
accommodations at (833) 343-0727. #L1-BH1
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Rosemead , Solutions Architect [HYBRID], Other , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!