Cybersecurity Incident Response Specialist [HYBRID]
Company: Southern California Edison
Posted on: November 21, 2022
- *Job Description**
- *Join the Clean Energy Revolution**
Become a **Cybersecurity Incident Response Specialist** at Southern
California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job,
you'll primarily be responsible for system-based defense to support
intelligence and monitoring of SCE computing devices, endpoint log
analysis, development, delivery, and enforcement of response and
remediation activities across the organization. You will also be
responsible for development of advanced mitigations to ensure
defensive resiliency. Daily activities will include collection and
analysis of various threat intelligence and applying this to create
reporting and products to critical stakeholders. In this role,
you'll work multi-functionally in a diverse teaming environment
with various internal points of contacts and handoffs.
As a **Cybersecurity Incident Response Specialist** , your work
will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create
cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to
help us build the future?
**A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
- Monitor relevant cyber threat feeds.
- Analyze internal data feeds from alerting and monitoring tools
to detect and prevent malicious adversary actions and
- Maintain knowledge of adversary activities, including intrusion
tactics, attack techniques and operational procedures.
- Report and product creation and development on threat
intelligence and cyber events as they arise.
- Stay apprised of typical threat actor Tactics, Techniques, and
Procedures (TTP's) and design appropriate defense and mitigation
- Professionally communicate information related to breaches,
intrusions, or compromised infrastructure or systems to appropriate
stakeholders and assist with the recommended defense and mitigation
- Identify and implement automation processes and technologies to
enhance cyber operations effectiveness.
- Performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- *The essentials**
+ Three (3) years of experience in the field performing threat
analysis and providing recommendations within a Cybersecurity
- Bachelor's Degree in specialized field.
- Experience with threat intelligence analysis, assessments and
processing, as well as excellent critical thinking and writing
- ---------------------Experience working in Security Operations
- Security +, CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GMON, GICSP, GRID, etc.
**You should know**
- **Work Mode:** When a return-to-office date has been
determined, this position's work mode is hybrid. The employee will
report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option
to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted,
employees are required to reside in the state of California.
Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the
- Visit our Candidate Resources page ( to get meaningful
information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing
information, and hiring process, and more!
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Testing
Information ( page for further information and to access
information guides. For information guides, please reference test
8203. Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in
some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
- US Citizenship required as part of Critical Infrastructure
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted
position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass
a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once
hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to
gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing
necessary job duties.
**About Southern California Edison**
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so
much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing
an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and
create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers
with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a
chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact
in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Southern California Edison, Rosemead , Cybersecurity Incident Response Specialist [HYBRID], Other , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!