Registered Nurse II -Endoscopy 12HR AWS
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Job Summary: -Make a difference -every single day!When the work
you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of
others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This
shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through
Cedars-Sinai, and it's just one of the many reasons we've achieved
our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence.
From working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals to
using innovative facilities. Join us, and discover why U.S. News &
World Report has named us one #1 in California and #2 in the
nation!Do you want to make a difference as a Nurse?Cedars-Sinai
provides virtually every known gastroenterologic procedure and
treatment for digestive diseases and disorders. With inpatient and
outpatient programs and state-of-the-art technology, specialized
and internationally renowned physicians, and a body of research,
clinical expertise and results, the Cedars-Sinai Digestive Disease
team treats all disorders with skill and experience.The Registered
- Administers and performs Moderate Sedation as per "Sedation"
policy, Administrative Manual #CCN00213.
- Upon completion of Moderate Sedation Competency and Post Test,
demonstrates knowledge of/and can implement approved discharge
criteria for patients post sedation/anesthesia.
- The Registered Nurse demonstrates knowledge of relevant
pre-procedure physical, emotional, psychological and other special
needs of a patient undergoing GI procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of/implements pre-procedural testing and
other clinical guidelines and protocols as appropriate; integrates
data received and initiates early and appropriate
- Demonstrates knowledge of GI/Endoscopy procedures with relevant
experience. Procedures including diagnostic as well as
interventional endoscopy procedures.
- When assigned charge nurse responsibilities, coordinates unit
activity throughout the shift, initiates chain of command as
- Participates in at least 50% of unit meetings and provides
constructive input to assist in unit direction.
- The Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process (assess,
plan, implement and evaluate) to provide safe, quality care to GI
patients. He/she works collaboratively with the nursing staff,
medical staff, and all health care team members. -
- -Demonstrates clear knowledge necessary to provide patient care
by ensuring all instruments, equipment, and supplies are available
for the procedure. -
- -Utilizes the nursing process along with SGNA standards to
ensure all patient safety goals are incorporated into the patient's
- Demonstrates awareness of appropriate medication use and
follows all policies concerning medication administration.
- Accurately labels and handles specimens.
Educational Requirements:Graduate from an accredited nursing
program requiredBSN PreferredLicenses:Current, unrestricted
California RN license requiredACLSPALS -SGNA Certification
preferredExperience:Prior GI LAB experience or one year in a high
acuity Intensive Care setting is preferred. Moderate Sedation
administration experience preferred. RequiredPhysical Demands:
Lifting, Standing, Walking
Working Title:Registered Nurse II -Endoscopy 12HR AWS
Department:GI Diag/Endoscopy Unit
Business Entity:Service Lines & Ops
Shift Length:12 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Rosemead , Registered Nurse II -Endoscopy 12HR AWS, Other , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!