Cybersecurity Incident Response Specialist [HYBRID]
Company: Edison International
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Cybersecurity Incident Response Specialist [HYBRID]
* Job ID: 71039368
* Job Family: Cyber
* Location: Rosemead, CA US
* Other Locations:
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Cybersecurity Incident Response Specialist at Southern
California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job,
you'll primarily be responsible for system-based defense to support
intelligence and monitoring of SCE computing devices, endpoint log
analysis, development, delivery, and enforcement of response and
remediation activities across the organization. You will also be
responsible for development of advanced mitigations to ensure
defensive resiliency. Daily activities will include collection and
analysis of various threat intelligence and applying this to create
reporting and products to critical stakeholders. In this role,
you'll work multi-functionally in a diverse teaming environment
with various internal points of contacts and handoffs.
As a Cybersecurity Incident Response Specialist, your work will
help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner
air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us
build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
* Monitor relevant cyber threat feeds.
* Analyze internal data feeds from alerting and monitoring tools to
detect and prevent malicious adversary actions and
* Maintain knowledge of adversary activities, including intrusion
tactics, attack techniques and operational procedures.
* Report and product creation and development on threat
intelligence and cyber events as they arise.
* Stay apprised of typical threat actor Tactics, Techniques, and
Procedures (TTP's) and design appropriate defense and mitigation
* Professionally communicate information related to breaches,
intrusions, or compromised infrastructure or systems to appropriate
stakeholders and assist with the recommended defense and mitigation
* Identify and implement automation processes and technologies to
enhance cyber operations effectiveness.
* Performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
* Three (3) years of experience in the field performing threat
analysis and providing recommendations within a Cybersecurity
* Bachelor's Degree in specialized field.
* Experience with threat intelligence analysis, assessments and
processing, as well as excellent critical thinking and writing
* Experience working in Security Operations Centers.
* Security +, CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GMON, GICSP, GRID, etc.
You should know
* Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined, this
position's work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE
facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely
on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are
required to reside in the state of California. Further details of
this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
* Visit our Candidate Resources page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
* This position requires testing and applicants who are identified
to continue through the selection process will be invited to test
via email. We invite you to visit our Testing Information page for
further information and to access information guides. For
information guides, please reference test 8203. Candidates who have
previously passed this assessment, in some cases, may not need to
retest again for this position.
* US Citizenship required as part of Critical Infrastructure
* Relocation does not apply to this position.
* This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position
- Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a
Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once
hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to
gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing
necessary job duties.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so
much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing
an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and
create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers
with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a
chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact
in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Edison International, Rosemead , Cybersecurity Incident Response Specialist [HYBRID], Other , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!