Power BI Analyst
Company: ASK Staffing, Inc
Posted on: February 16, 2021
Job Title : Power BI AnalystLocation : Rosemead CA 91770Duration
: 12+ Months Contract About Our Client: Our Client is a leading
global professional services company, providing a broad range of
services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology
and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized
skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions -
underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Our Client
works at the intersection of business and technology to help
clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for
their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving
clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to
improve the way the world works and lives Job Description:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related
specialized field or an equivalent combination of education,
training, and experience. Specialized certification may be
required. Typically possesses three or more years experience in the
field performing analysis and providing recommendations. Ability to
provide more complex technical analysis in data planning,
engineering and design. Ability to provide more complex technical
analysis in data planning, engineering and design.
Responsibilities:Provides clients with information by designing
methods to collect and retrieve data. Identifies client
requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and
actual clients and other persons in a position to understand
service requirements. Collects data by identifying sources of
information; designing survey and collection methods. Organizes
information by studying, analyzing, interpreting, and classifying
data. Resolves retrieval problems by altering design to meet
requirements. Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing information. Prepares reference for users by writing
operating instructions. Maintains historical records by documenting
system changes and revisions. Maintains client confidence and
protects operations by keeping information confidential. Maintains
professional and technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing
personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
needed. Establishes and revises database by conferring with
analysts and programmers to code and retrieve data. Maintains
database by entering data.Information Specialist Skills and
Qualifications:Technical Understanding, Process Improvement, Data
Processing, Reporting Research Results, Networking Knowledge,
Presenting Technical Information, Written Communication, Operating
Systems, Reporting Skills, Client Relationships, Documentation
- Gather requirements for reporting enhancements and new reports
for our Outage Management System (OMS).
- Develop, modify, test reporting enhancements and new reports.
This typically involves significant work with SQL and as needed,
development of table views.
- Work with business clients to understand, troubleshoot, and
resolve reporting and data issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve OMS application support calls.
- Conduct routine maintenance activities to ensure the OMS
application remains stable and performs well.
- Keep up-to-date various Outlook Distribution Lists (DL) based
on clients requests
- Grant/Revoke application access to users
- Three (3) years of experience in IT development or support role
for enterprise or other complex systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or other STEM field.
- Two (2) Years of experience developing & maintaining moderate
to high complexity SQL queries based on customer's
- Able to develop Procedures and Views and run ad-hoc
Business Objects Reporting:
- Able to design reports using Business Objects WEBI front-end
- Able to override default WEBI queries with custom queries.
- Able to update BOBJ Distribution list per client's requests
- Able to understand Relational Database architecture
- Knowledge of Rapid Development Tools, for instance, AQT, TOAD,
SQL Developer, etc.
- MICROSOFT POWER BI
- Able to create reports based on client requirements
- Able to create dashboards based on client requirements
- Able to connect relational databases to POWER BI
- Strong troubleshooting practices
- Strong verbal communication
- Understanding of Electric Utility Distribution Circuits
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and
professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500
organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global
delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects
people with amazing opportunities
ASK Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all associates.
Keywords: ASK Staffing, Inc, Rosemead , Power BI Analyst, Professions , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!