Aircraft Maintenance Manager
Company: The Vertex Company
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Maintenance Manager - NASA Armstrong - Edwards AFB, CA
Vertex is looking for a strong leader who possesses and
demonstrates aviation maintenance management and personnel
management skills necessary to effectively meet organizational
goals, on time and on budget. Adept at briefing senior leaders and
providing mentorship and training to a large workforce. Works
directly for the Fleet Manager in support of aircraft assigned to
the NASA Program at Edwards AFB, CA.
The Maintenance Manager has direct oversight of and is responsible
for overseeing maintenance, servicing, and repairing ensure
assigned aircraft are in good mechanical condition and safe for
flight. Cultivates and reinforces Program Management Objectives to
include employee mentorship, training, safety, quality, customer
satisfaction, and strict adherence to the appropriate technical
guidelines as outlined in the Performance Work Statement (PWS).
Identifies and analyzes problems, plans, tasks, and solutions.
Manages the service, repair, and overall maintenance of aircraft to
verify aircraft are safe for flight and compliant with Air Force
and Company standards
- Work cooperatively with the company and customer personnel to
establish and maintain a safety culture consistent with both Vertex
Aerospace and NASA regulations and industry practices.
- Able to plan, coordinate and execute short- and long-term
maintenance needs as required by project forecasts, daily flight
schedules, and or as directed by the customer.
- Responsible for determining root cause and developing
corrective actions when performance metrics are not achieved
- Responsible for enforcement of tool control procedures
- Responsible for efficient management of personnel to ensure
maximum productivity and minimum overtime. Must be familiar with
and able to adhere to and enforce Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Reports to the Program Manager on accomplishments and
achievements for input into daily, monthly, and quarterly
- Responsible for providing technical feedback and creating
statements of work for contractual requests from the
- Responsible for coordinating with Human Resources during the
hiring of new employees as a delegated hiring manager conducting
interviews and completing disciplinary actions when required.
- Exhibits positive courteous behavior with customers,
businesses, and coworkers.
- The following skills and abilities are required:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective team building and conflict resolution skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office applications and ability
to use various computerized databases and software programs to
develop production schedules, maintain data, and produce reports
for aircraft fleet maintenance management purposes.
- Ability to develop and write documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures.
- Ability to analyze problems and make independent decisions in
accordance with approved policies and procedures to resolve
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Possess or able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance from
the Department of Defense.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Possess or able to obtain and maintain a valid US Passport and
obtain vaccinations required for international travel.
- Ability to travel as required to support program and customer's
- Ability to work required schedules to meet mission requirements
- Have at least 7 years of experience within the past 10 years in
aircraft maintenance in a similar size operation maintaining
aircraft such as or similar to F/A-18, F-15, T-34, B-200,
Gulfstream-III, Global Hawk, and or other heavy multi-engine, jet
- Have held an FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P)
certification, have held an equivalent military designation, or
demonstrated an equivalent level of qualifications and expertise as
a supervisor in aircraft maintenance.
- Prior experience in the daily management of aircraft
maintenance operations and maintenance personnel is required.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking
- This job has supervisory responsibilities.
Keywords: The Vertex Company, Rosemead , Aircraft Maintenance Manager, Professions , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!