Category Manager [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Category Manager [HYBRID] AddThis Sharing Buttons Share to
Facebook Share to Twitter Share to LinkedIn Share to Email App
- Job ID: 71041892
- Job Family: Supply Chain
- Location: Rosemead, CA US
- Salary: 108,400-162,600 Job Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become a Category Manager at
Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In
this job, you'll be leading and developing high impact sourcing
strategies for the energy infrastructure of tomorrow in areas such
as transportation electrification, energy efficiency, renewable
energy, energy storage, customer experience, and Information
Technology within the Indirect Procurement (IP) team. The IP team
manages over $1.2 billion in annual spend across Information
Technology software and hardware, clean energy, e-Mobility, energy
efficiency, customer experience, professional services, digital
acceleration efforts, and other categories. It's challenging but
deeply rewarding work. Your interpersonal, analytical and
problem-solving skills will be fully exercised as you manage a
variety of strategies that focus on value creation, cost savings,
continuous improvement, and risk mitigation. You will be
responsible for developing and optimizing sourcing strategies and
continuous improvement initiatives. You will lead/participate in
Terms & Conditions negotiations, competitive solicitation, supplier
selection, and achievement of applicable Key Performance Indicators
(KPI's). You will be the lead for business unit engagement to
collaboratively plan and implement procurement strategies that
support short and long term business needs. As a Category Manager,
your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and
create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the
challenge to help us build the future? A day in the life - Get
ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Lead contracting, category management and procurement functions
of the Indirect Procurement organization and special projects.
- Own business unit relationships up to senior and executive
levels within assigned business unit(s) and leads portfolio reviews
with business unit leadership to collaboratively plan and execute
effective strategic sourcing strategies.
- Act as Lead Contract Manager for a team of 1-2 other team
- Negotiate contractual terms and other related commercial items
to ensure Edison receives the best value possible while mitigating
potential risk factors.
- Maintain consistent interaction with suppliers and ensures
adherence to established contracts.
- Integrate work across relevant areas, developing strategies to
enhance productivity, manage information and provide exceptional
service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assess work activities for consolidation opportunities.
- Develop metrics to monitor area of responsibility, gaps and
implementing action plans to remediate.
- Execute Purchase Orders, Change Orders, and Request for
Proposals across various categories.
- Lead contract management and supplier dispute resolution.
- Train and consult peers and other stakeholders on the
Procurement process. Qualifications
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in purchasing, contract
management and/or negotiating contracts. The preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Supply Chain Management,
Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, or related
- Five (5) or more years of experience negotiating contracts for
IT software, hardware, professional services, and end-user
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Professional in
Supply Management (CPSM), Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM),
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Experience with sourcing Technology related categories,
managing cybersecurity in the supply chain, and with Agile
Procurement and Project Management.
- Ability to present recommendations and other communications
regularly to all levels of the organization.
- Experience with Ariba and SAP.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including oral
presentations, formal correspondence and contractual documentation,
group facilitation, and negotiations. You should know
- This position's work mode ishybrid. The employee will report to
an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- Position will require up to 10% traveling and being out in the
field throughout the SCE service territory. Testing This position
requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue
through the selection process will be invited to test via email.
Reference our Information Guides for the following tests: Edison
Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test #8203). Candidates who have
previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need
to retest again for this position. About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so
much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing
an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and
create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers
with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a
chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact
in Southern California and around the world. At SCE, we celebrate
our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will
not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status or any other protected status. We are
committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Rosemead , Category Manager [HYBRID], Professions , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!