Senior Category Manager [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Senior Category Manager [HYBRID] AddThis Sharing Buttons Share
to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to LinkedIn Share to Email
- Job ID: 71037126
- Job Family: Supply Chain
- Location: Rosemead, CA USJob Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become a Senior Category Managerat
Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. You
will be leading and developing high impact sourcing strategies for
the energy infrastructure of tomorrow in areas such as
transportation electrification, energy efficiency, renewable
energy, energy storage and customer experience, within the Indirect
Procurement (IP) team. You'll also be the lead for business unit
engagement to collaboratively plan and implement procurement
strategies to support short and long term business needs. As a
Senior Category Manager, your work will help power our planet,
reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are
you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future? A
day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
- Build strategic relationships and collaborate with business
partners to ensure alignment with SCE and organizational mission,
vision, goals and objectives. Develop project and business plans,
strategies, and provide direction. Anticipate potential issues and
- Provide guidance and leadership for other sourcing team members
in a lead role.
- Develop, lead and implement strategic sourcing activities
across multiple categories of spend including professional services
and corporate services that demonstrate added value (cost savings)
and improve total cost.
- Integrate work across relevant areas, developing sourcing
strategies that support the achievement of business objectives,
manage information, and providing outstanding service and expertise
to internal and externals partners.
- Establish, develop and lead all aspects of project teams,
providing work direction in coordination with direct managers and
- Assess current and future business processes for best work
practice, and/or technological fit based on external market and
- Develop and implement metrics to monitor area of
responsibility, identification of gaps, and implementing action
plans to remediate. Understand, assess, and anticipate the
internal/external strategic landscape of Supply Management and its
impact on category strategy.
- Develop and implement innovative solutions to resolve complex
issues, while implementing sophisticated organizational readiness
change management strategies.
- Maintaining a safety conscious work environment by following
Edison safety protocols and safe work practices; and performing
other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Perform as a Lead sourcing/procurement strategist doing
strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, contract,
performance, and risk management. Qualifications
- At least ten years of experience in category strategy
development and execution, strategic sourcing, procurement and/or
contract management. The preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Management,
Operations or related field, or an equivalent combination of
education, training, and experience.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) Certification or Certified
Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM) Certification,
Project Management Certification.
- Typically possesses seven years of project management
- Experience developing procurement category strategies,
purchasing and negotiating contracts with vendors.
- Experience implementing and improving procurement tools and
- Experience integrating strategies with technology solutions
such as Ariba, SAP, and related platforms.
- Experience with procurement, Work Management Performance, and
- Experience creating project management plans that specify
charter, scope, cost estimates, schedule, milestones and target
dates, and risk management plans.
- Experience tracking and reporting of project performance and
closing out projects upon completion.
- Experience communicating with internal and external partners as
well as make recommendations to senior leadership.
- Experience collaborating with clients, including independently
identifying client needs, developing action plans, identifying
deliverables, and presenting results. You should know ...
- Work Mode: when a return-to-office date has been determined,
this position's work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an
SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more! Testing
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate
Resource page for further information and to access information
guides. Please access our Information Guides , to reference Edison
Individual Contributor Workstyles test 8203. Candidates who have
previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need
to retest again for this position. About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so
much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing
an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and
create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers
with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a
chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact
in Southern California and around the world. At SCE, we celebrate
our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will
not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status or any other protected status. We are
committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Rosemead , Senior Category Manager [HYBRID], Professions , Rosemead, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!